Trim Jail ✂

I watch movies, listen to music, smoke lots of joints, drink coffee, drink beer, and try to stay in a good mood so you don’t go down a vortex of this sucks, this takes so long, i have so much left to do, why didn’t i pay someone to do this, why can’t i teach my dog to trim, and all the other negative thoughts that try to creep in. :grin:

9 Likes

I dislike trimming too but it’s a necessary evil lol

3 Likes

There’s always a trim party option. Chain gang?

I have yet to harvest this much at once, and the plan is to do so in the green house next summer. Damn I am impatient.

4 Likes

Hardly put a dent in it. Back to jail tomorrow

3 Likes

Trim jail is more like a night with my small plants. But, here’s my tip: use hand sanitizer to clean your sticky hands. It’s mostly ISO but doesn’t dry your hands out.

1 Like

i wear unpowdered latex gloves to collect finger hash

I can’t stand to use gloves when I trim. Most of my finger/scissor hash just ends up in the hash pile. Small personal. I’m sure if I had a pound or more my tone would change a bit.

2 Likes

I also wear gloves…

yeah i usually wear 1 glove then turn it inside out when it gets too coated and put on a fresh one - end up with a pile of gloves to harvest after :smiley: but i haven’t had to trim in a long while. i better go wake the boys up

Any opinions on trimming machines?

i dont like the majority of them but realize for large scale commercial growers it’s almost necessity. if big producers say they don’t use one they are probably lying.

brownguy420 seems happy with the machine he chose, i guess it’s fairly gentle with the product and all bud still needs to be hand trimmed after but it removes a good amount so the trimmers have an easier/faster job - it’s the kairos cultivator, made by the people who made his light dep greenhouses.

1 Like

I also like to trim with bare hands.
I use coconut oil and a paper towel to clean up my hands after.

1 Like

I’m tired of trimming. It’s just me. It’s a lot of work. I can only do it late at night. It takes me days. Why are trimming machines so fucking expensive?

2 Likes

because they can process 10+ pounds a day :stuck_out_tongue:

they have tabletop versions of the tumbler ones and stuff, probably make a greenbroz mini too or something

Yeah I was looking at the twister t6. $4k , just seems awfully rapey

1 Like

There’s a hand crank model at the local store for under $400.

No matter. Not worth it in my mind to have a machine butcher the buds.

1 Like

I got one near me for 400 out the door, but I don’t want to hand crank shit if I’m paying 400. As far as the butchering I’ve been researching for a while now. It seems some of the nicer machines do a good job and retain trich structure well even.

1 Like

I am not a big fan of trimming dry, but check out the trimbag

1 Like

I like it wet (that’s what she said)

3 Likes

Some grow shops have a rental.

1 Like