Tripl3fastaction tries again - Romulan, Durban, Jew Gold

I didn’t intend to journal this time, so updates might be sparse, but it’s a place to park my pics and notes. So thanks for looking.

I’m not sure what’s going to stick yet, but there’s some Romulan in here, which I think came from the co-op, a couple Jew Gold, courtesy of @Pigeonman. There’s some Durban, which I think came from @Guitarzan. All of the OG seeds gave me 100% germination. There’s a couple commercial strains in here that gave me 10% success rate on germination, so I’m gonna wait to name those, not sure they will make the cut.

These are at 28 days, no topping, no training. I flipped them to 12/12 last night and cleaned them up. This is a before pic …. Once they show sex I’ll weed some out. Oh, and I’m using up the Hugo’s, next run it’ll be back to the Unislabs.

Also, shout out to @LD50 . I’m using the Jacks 0-12-26 ratios you recommended for veg, and this is the result. Started out a bit wonky cause my EC was real high for sprouts, but they’ve adapted and seem pretty happy now. Thanks! No use buying the 5-12-26 anymore I hope. I guess proof will be how they come out of stretch.

Edit to add my feeding ratios …using Jacks 0-12-26 as my part A, grams per gallon:
Part A - 3.8g
Epsom - 1.2g
part B - 3.0g

That’s the basic ratio, but I feed high. So, for instance, I mix 6 gallons worth of ferts into 4 gallons of water, so a150% ratio give or take. Feed EC about 2.5 -3.0, the EC in my blocks was about 4.5 this morning, I hope to push that up to 7+ by end of stretch. I’m not recommending this :grinning:.

23 Likes

Your Hugo’s grow system indeed works Aplausos|nullxnull, they do like it, those are gorgeous big plants for just one month, love those big fat leaves … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

D8 12/12.

Romulan on left, Durban on right, couple JG’s (not the runt in front, that’s a Romulan). I’ve culled 3 males so far. One was an AKBB NL/haze cross. I got 1 plant out of 12 seeds, it was a male. My germination rates with those crosses has sucked past 2 years, I’m done trying. Another male was a Greenpoint Cookies and Chem circa 2018, sealed pack I bought, got 1 plant out of 10 seeds, it was a male. Moving on -

Jacks 321 @ 2.6ec, 78f, 60% rh, 800-1000 ppfd. EC in blocks about 4.5 when fully saturated, getting up to 6-7 overnight. Thx for looking.

3 Likes

Off to a good start! Any big changes other than the 0-12-26 this time around?

1 Like

Hehe. Not yet anyway. I’m honestly lacking a bit of enthusiasm this time around (itching to get out for summer activities) so my goal is to keep the res full and let Growlink do the rest.
The first rainy day I’m stuck in the house will probably blow that plan though.
Ps - your tent is looking good!

2 Likes

That’s good :+1: Sit back, relax and wait for the buds! Let that software do the work for you.

Thanks! So far so good, I’ve learned a lot following your work :+1:

1 Like

D45 from seed, D18 12/12

I broke down and put a net up and have been training some. This is probably as good as the canopy is ever going to look, so figured I’d put up a pic. Romulan on left is budding, Durban on right are being slow ….

3 Likes

D26 12/12

Not much to report. Had one Durban (front right in above pic) that, as of this morning, has not started flowering despite 26 days of 12/12. It was going to be a big, slow plant, and as much as I’d like to know what’s in there, I don’t have the space or patience. In order to help control my humidity, I chopped it.

Romulan is the darker plant, the taller shoots are JG. Some Durban back right. Jacks @ 2.6EC, 78f/55-60rh. Medicgrow fold+ at 60%, 8-12” over canopy, 800-1100 par. Moved to a bulking fertigation strategy, feeding 8-12x per day. Thanks for looking.

2 Likes

Looks really good!!

1 Like