True 730 nm far red light

Can any one Point me into a direction for a True 730 nm Far red light that would do for a 5x5 area footprint for flower?Looking around and i wanted to see if anyone else was using Far red for Emmerson effect and what they are using and what time cycles they do.I really want to try this i see some really good bulbs but most i see is for 630 nm.I seen the pucks on Amazon but i think a bar would be better would fit right under the middle of my light i even have mounting holes to zip tie it right to the light.

2 Likes

I’m running the HLG Scorpion Rspec Far red in a 5x5 with supplemental UV bar from hlg and really like it

2 Likes
1 Like

There’s a number of different ones for sale here. Some of the 730nm are listed as IR so make sure you check those out too.

I haven’t used 730+ nm LED’s myself so I can’t comment on that.

2 Likes

These might just work thank you for the reference

1 Like

I love that site. I’ve dealt with them many times. Always fast to ship, always fast to answer emails, and they don’t charge tax (not sure if that’s the same for every state though).

Oh and the one time I needed warranty help they handled it very quickly and painlessly.

1 Like

If you want to build your own light you can find far red led beads on ebay. That is the cheapest way to go. I built mine a couple years ago so I dont remember who I bought them from but it works fine. :grin:

2 Likes

I was trying to use the Dark side of the Force for this one ive been told they have ease of access for all Dark Jedi doings….And i felt lazy meh.I seen what the leds are going for piece wise super cheap and wouldnt need a complicated ballast for it just a simple driver could do it ardrino board style and daisy chain it but for the price of some of these thier pretty reasonable and i can just plug it in after hanging if i was really hurting like when i first started out i definitely would have Frankensteined a light out if all the E waste at the electronic repair place i worked at.They had shittons of barcode scanners the ones with the 6 730 nm led diodes in them.

1 Like

Mars Hydro just released their ADlite IR30 LED

1 Like

I shall check this out thank you bromigo

1 Like

89$ a pair and it covers a 4x4 bit of a stretch for a 5x5 but for what im doing that will do nicely only using it for 15 min after main light goes off not supplemental or adding to my regular light schedule guess that answers that question

1 Like

I think the spider farmer ones are cheaper if you go direct. A friend just bought 8 of them actually and they look well made too

2 Likes

Spider farm lights are great!

1 Like