Turn that Closet into a 5x6 Growroom HELP

Looking to turn a 5’x6’ walk in closet into a grow room and looking for help and ideas.
I have had some thought as i was using a 4x4 tent inside the closet. I have to run portable ac unit, humidifier, dehumidifier blah and blah. As i was thinking about cutting a hole in my 4x4 to make the AC unit to stick outside the tent i looked at my wife with those puppy eyes and she already said yes.
Now the planning stage as the door will need to be shut and a Window is right outside the door to the room. Cutting holes in the door is ok =).
Any help or ideas would be much appreciated because i dont want to mess up too much.
Thanks in advanced.

6 Likes

Easiest solution seems to me is to stick a 4x4 tent in there and leave the door open. No need for holes etc.

5 Likes

Instead of a tent you might want to look at turning the whole space into your room possibly keeping the bulk of you electronics pumps dehum humidifier plumbed through the wall. Or brought up from the basement especially if there’s water and a drain in close proximity below the walk in closet.
Would give you a ton more room and a lot quieter if it’s in the room you sleep in

2 Likes

This was my previous set up, minus a dehumidifier and fan in front.
I felt if i opened up this whole room i could gain much more space.
Not sure if its a wasted idea yet.

@Foreigner @ShiskaberrySavior

Also i wanted to try a mother plant or clones possibly at the same time? Up for discussions all around lol.
Thank you all

2 Likes

Nope More-space larger/more plants if you can pull it off I’m sure you’ll be happier than camping :tent:

3 Likes

I was thinking of drilling two 6" holes in the door as its a hollow core cheap door i can replace when i sell.
One up top for the exhaust and one downlow for the ac unit or in winter fresh air. Line the walls hang light and should be good? Water supply would be farther away but i can water, Window is right to the left outside.
Im just wondering if it will all work =)

2 Likes

Don’t let drywall scare you mud can hide a lot at sale time,and cheaper than a new door .

4 Likes

It really depends on a lot of factors. Your closet doesn’t allow much modularity. I’d suggest a 2x4 for flower and a 2x2 for veg but even that would be tight.

If you can cut holes and do things remotely you’d have more options.

Do you have somewhere else you could put a 2x2? I’d be tempted to turn the whole damn thing into a flower room but you’ll need a veg space to maximize production.

2 Likes

Build a floor as a divider in closet and put veg plants where ceiling is lowest and use taller half probably bottom as flower area yah following me ?

2 Likes

That does make sense and I didn’t think about that. The ceiling is even across at 8’.
I wonder if a false divider wall that could be moved, but then comes electrical on one outlet.
I was wanting to get as much out of my 600R Spec light along with my 100w veg light.
With the 4x4 tent that ac units so dang big by the end of it i lose space.

1 Like

what’s next door to the closet ?

1 Like

The thing is the closet is what I’m limited to =(

1 Like

My elderly neighbor i check on oh so ever often.

1 Like

Lol whatttt! Okay where did that come from….

2 Likes

You asked what was next door to the closet lol. Now that i looked back might have sounded weird.
The back would be butted up to their place :wink:
The other side is outside no Window.
Then a big 8 or 9 feet and my bathroom.
Then Entrance.

Have you considered taking the whole door off and setting up a light proof door with zipper tape? Might be more work than necessary but you can then just run the ductwork in and out as you please and avoid the hassle of punching through the door and the rigging for having it all move neatly when you open & close the door.

5 Likes

@HappyGoLucky21 check this stuff out, can cover that whole closet for super cheap, 96% reflective and is a mild insulation as well. Give you room to open up the rest of the closet for design. I suggest cutting holes in the closet door for ventilation and AC, closet doors are cheap to replace if you ever move. Holes for two 4 or 6 inch ducts, one intake and one exhaust, exhaust can be AC but it looks like you use LED and may not even need AC, carbon filter would be better for the smell. Extend your driver wire by 10ft (it should only be 3 wires to splice max) and secure the driver to the wall or somewhere outside of the closet and you’ll mitigate half the heat in your closet right there

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Reflectix-48-in-x-25-ft-Double-Reflective-Insulation-Roll-BP48025/100052556

4 Likes

Oh my goodness this is awesome!
I have my reading to do after work=)
Thank you all for so many great ideas , this community is one of a kind!
@Pigeonman @Rabeats2093 @Foreigner @ShiskaberrySavior

5 Likes

I wanna see it when you’re finished! Guarantee you’re gonna make something sweet!

3 Likes

I use that stuff all the time! My entire sliding glass door gets a panel of that over the winter to trap heat inside and blast light from the grow-lights back onto my overwintering potted plants :smiley:

2 Likes