Ukraine Legalizes Cannabis (for soldiers)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/07/13/zelensky-legalise-medical-marijuana-in-ukraine-war-trauma/

So happy for the people over there. Having to kill, and see your people killed, and not even be able to smoke weed to help cope and survive is preposterous. Especially when alcohol is the usual alternative. Very happy to hear they changed this so quickly (relative to the rest of the world).

Hope this helps. Wish international + US law were different so we could all donate lol

16 Likes

Amen bro! This is great news in an absolute shitstorm

3 Likes

that is some truly grat news. this conflict lasy year had me all tore up, got my ptsd going bad. i hadn’t realized desert storm had messed me up so bad until i saw those tanks turrets lying on the ground. that bucket of teeth almost did me in. had to stop following it completely after that. smoking is about the only thing that helps me deal with it. looks like zelensky got another one right.

5 Likes

I don’t really know what to think about it.

Using war to justify cannabis ? It don’t really make me smiling, or happy.

Letting soldiers the choose to face their trauma the way they need (whatever the option is) ? It should be a fundamental human right in my book.

And what about the population ? Considering the context, they have to grow.

On 20 April 2023, the activists started a campaign including free distribution of cannabis seeds to everyone. The campaign was supported by large seed shops in Ukraine, such as ErrorSeeds. As part of the effort, decriminalisation activists sowed cannabis seeds throughout Ukraine, particularly in public places. Their effort was primarily focused on the legalisation of medical cannabis, but also recreational cannabis.

I like it more ^^

7 Likes

Sometimes it takes little steps to get there. It is unfortunate it took a war to make this change, but now it will be easier for Ukraine to go full recreational/legal in the future.

1 Like
4 Likes

As of today, the law has been adopted and already signed by Zelensky.
Will act in a few months.
However, he will not even smoke as directed by a doctor. It will allow you to take cannabis -based drugs. It is suspected that, in connection with the adoption of this law, more stringent measures will be used to combat illegal negotiation. Although much tougher? You can now get 5 years of growing for growing for your own consumption.

To what in the world is called “legalization” we are still far …
Although it is true that it is a step in the right direction.

3 Likes

2 lasts
Last place on earth I want to be.
Last place on earth I want to be stoned.

But the idiots In charge have us on the brink of
Not ww3, we’re already in that
But Nuclear exchange for a fucking corrupt
Fake ass democracy

3 Likes