Vegetable Garden 2021

I would have to report my citrus trees first because they are still in their original pots from Home Depot…
JC, what kind of soil do you use?

1 Like

I do all the time by accidentally stressing them the heck out! :rofl:

1 Like

missing my maters

2 Likes

I made a 50/50 mix of worm castings and potting soil like pro mix or some crap. I use pure blend pro on the tree for fertilizer and it’s about 22years old. Bloomed first at age 7. It’s pot is the size of a trash can but half as tall.

3 Likes

JC damn bro, is that’s your citrus tree? I can’t have any trees that big because I live in Illinois, I would have to bring it in during wintertime…I also thought you needed some special soil for citrus trees so I bought a few bags at Walmart…

2 Likes

I grow that baby indoors up here in Canada! It’s only about 6 feet tall, but really old. I ate fruits and made grapefruit curd ice cream! It’s a grapefruit tree of some kind.

8 Likes

Goals @JoeCrowe :heart_eyes:

1 Like

JC, what kind of lemon is that? Here’s mine…I didn’t pick it, it fell off and I saw it on the floor the other day…:joy::sweat_smile::rofl:

3 Likes

yah, I know the pain of aborted fruits all too well. What I found was… you have to baby it after the blooms set in by giving it enough water and nutrients. If you fail to keep up with it’s needs the fruits drop. Also, I made sure that only a single fruit grows per cluster/branch. Then they can get their biggest. I had a fruit the size of that golf ball drop off… ohh the pain, especially if it’s the only fruit and it’s 6 months in! I pick 'em at 12 months.

2 Likes

What is that for bro?

1 Like

Looks like a raised bed to me :+1:

1 Like

That’s what I sort of figured for a raised bed…well a leek that was in my fridge started to root…this was actually grown in my summer of 2021 garden…

2 Likes

This was my biggest Calamondin which I picked last night and squeezed over my pancit dish…I have quite a few more but not as big as this one…

7 Likes

This year I grew potatoes for the first time - in 3, 5 gallon buckets… I harvested 2 buckets when the growth died out, but the 3rd bucket didn’t want to be harvested because every time the growth started to die out, another round of growth started. That went on until i finally harvested them a week ago. Some of the taters had rotted, but there were quite a few there but most were very small. I might try growing in the ground this year.

3 Likes

You think it was the first one to form?

She HAS to be stoned. :crazy_face:

Yes it was…from now on I will not let it get that ripe, don’t get me wrong it was great but it was more sweet than sour…I prefer the sourness of the Calamondin so I can use it like I use a lemon…

5 Likes

Finally it’s ready to plant in soil…took this cutting a few months ago from my garden before winter and put it in my cloner…this will grow into a mighty big fig tree.

7 Likes

moroccan mandarin orange, I sprouted 4 of them! Took a couple of weeks to a month.

1 Like

That’s a beauty. my lemon/lime in 30 gallon tub has been invested with ants. Tried various ways to get rid of them, finally resorted to strong ant traps. She blooms big, but I get one lemon/lime at a time. What do you feed yours to get that healthy plant to produce?

1 Like