Vermont Growers

@yardgrazer you noticing that this thread is basically just you and me talking to one another??? :joy::joy::joy::joy: there have gotta be some other VT heads here on OG right??

2 Likes

I would have thought there might be others… but maybe not? Virginia seems to have a fair # of active members, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not much more than 20… and VA is almost 13 times bigger than VT, so we’d be doing kinda okay with 2. There were 2 or 3 people on ICMag, but not much activity.

I think the gummies I had were live rosin? I’ll keep Rosie’s in mind for the future.

3 Likes

Yo just wanted to give shouts to the homies here in VT and NY that might be dealing with flooding, hope everyone is safe and dry

3 Likes

Yeah I was just reading about the crazy flooding happening over there!

Hope y’all are okay!

3 Likes

Vermont grower here too!

3 Likes

Welcome @Klyphman happy to see another woodchuck in the mix :v:t2:

2 Likes

I hope all the Vermonters here have weathered the storms. At the hut one the Swanton / Sheldon line we have not had terribly excessive rain and pretty much none since that big dumping. We have been very fortunate in this. Lots of folks farther south are displaced or marooned with washed out roads and homes.

3 Likes

Update 11/14/2023
Garden was successful this season. Three pot plants from freebee or gift seed are jarred or fresh frozen for hash. London Poundcake x Wedding Tree, All Gas x Gelato and Raskal’s OG x Lemon Diesel, each one is a worthy smoke. The closet grow that ran through the summer is finished or finishing and also produced nice smoke in spite of the traumas each of the plants experienced. Bubba Kush x Deep Chunk, Colombian Red x UK Cheese suffered a chlorine poisoning as seedlings. The Raskal’s OG x Lemon Diesel were started as an experiment to compare two grow mediums and were left to the elements outdoors to be drowned regularly with the profuse rain we’ve had. So the plants stunted but finished up strong.
Finally after waiting almost five years since state legalization, Dispensaries opened in St Albans. I tried a couple of buds at one place and they were very nice. Then I got three prerolls at the other shop. These were ok but I expected stronger effect given the %s and the caution given by the budtender. I will have to try their edibles. I had a very low opinion of each of the edibles I’d tried at the MMJ dispensary and have been told that the present offerings at the rec dispensaries are the same speed. I eat home grown decarbed weed quite regularly (very reliable and effective) and I’d like to see how the shop edibles compare. Today may be the day for that.
New seedlings coming up in the closet for a winter grow. Two feminized - Wedding Gelato, chosen for the name as these seem related to the two successful freebee plants from the summer garden. Also three Auto Zkittles. When the Zkittles are done the WG will go to bloom.

3 Likes

Happy to hear your outdoor went well! Mines all in the freezer to wash for hash soon. As far as edibles go I can recommend stone leaf and low key alchemy who both do solventless hash rosin edibles, I tend to like the effects from that extract more so than distillate or any of the other hydrocarbon extractions. Stone leaf’s orange creamsicle taffy is probably the best tasting edible I’ve had in a long time. MG dosages are still low with the THC caps here, so if you’re looking to really blast off then there might be other avenues, but for good flavor and balanced effects that’s where I tend to turn :heart::v:t2:

2 Likes