Vernal's Basement Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Excellent growing there. Good genetic frost.

1 Like

Super Silver Cough F2 hash. Good yields, very melty. Not bad at all for just dry trim n’ popcorn.

In other happenings, the SSC #20 is revegging, but I still think #9 is probably the best one.

13 Likes

Super Silver Cough F2 “E” at 38 days. First plant in the tent. Some orange hairs already so this one will probably be done at 10 weeks. Reminds me of plant #13 in appearance and smell, but a bit taller and burlier, which would be awesome.

Other plants are a few days behind, they’ll be worth taking pictures of next week.

15 Likes

Mango Nigerian Cough F2 “E” at 35 days. Probably 50 to go.

My favorite of the 2 sisters. A little shorter, a little quicker, a little frostier, but otherwise very similar plants.
Same musty floral haze stench. I have another 10 pack of these I’m thinking of getting into ASAP. Germ rates weren’t good but the plants are nice.

Super Silver Cough “E” threw a big nanner cluster on one of those tiny buds that sometimes forms in a leaf base at the end of a petiole…the rest of the plant was clean, just that tiny freak bud causing problems. Probably a few hundred seeds. Oh well, I’ll hash it if it’s bad enough. Thought about re-running the plant since it wasn’t a “proper” herm and more like an accident, but I went ahead and killed the backup clone of it. It’s a dank plant but isn’t gonna end up yielding enough to justify overlooking the nanner fiasco.

14 Likes

!

Mango Nigerian Cough F2 “E” again at 38 days. Unbelievably greaaasy.

Mango Nigerian Cough F2 “D” at 46 days shaping up to be a monster. This one is very Ft. Collins dominant. It was immensely stretchy and viney but it’s filling in with fluffy buds. Musty basement floral haze scent.

Super Silver Cough F2 “E” at 48 days. 2 weeks left on this one. Lightning quick just like last rounds’ #13, but same story on the tossing nanners and yielding like crap. Shit is dank as hell though, and pretty. Didn’t end up keeping this one for the aforementioned reasons. There’s another Super Silver Cough F2 in the tent I’ll get some pictures of next week, and more on deck waiting to be sexed. Running 3-4 new females next round, see if anything can beat #9.

17 Likes

Cherry Queen F2 “I” at 20 days. Run her to about 60. Sister Beans browsing leaves like a giraffe.

Nice to run it from clone for the first time. It is such a nice plant.

Here she is a bit closer. Barely stretched at all in flower, maybe doubled in size. Stems are like wood. Leaves are enormous.

21 Likes

Looks like she’s checking for aphids, etc. If she barks, maybe it’s a signal.

What’s the CQ taste smoke like? Looking good! peace

3 Likes

She’s indispensable, mortar between the bricks of this operation.

This is my favorite of the 3 ladies. She smells like lemon-curry-hippie and tastes like it too. Biggest buds and least-leafy as well.

One sister was amazingly frosty but all sugar leaf when you go to trim it up (true hashplant), another had big ol buds and a foul skunky smell but was incredibly leafy and threw nanners as well.

4 Likes

I think i decided what I’m going to do with those cuts. If I can, I’m going to hit them with auto Hindu Kush pollen. I think CQ will make a great auto line.

8 Likes

That’s a capital idea. I think it’d pair well to just about anything.

1 Like

So as breeding plans often do, mine’s pivoting.

I am no longer interested in using the Super Silver Cough F2 male (killed it). It’s a wonderful line full of interesting and crazy dank plants, but there’s just too many fingernail-sized-bud runts and herms in the line to consider the male “safe”. A male should be judged by his sisters, and 3/6 females so far have pushed visible pollen sacs and that’s just too much. 1/6 would be acceptable. Nice plants, eminently smokable and the hash is beautiful, just too inconsistent. I like a male line to be either highly inbred or throw very consistently nice female plants. A little bummed but the work carries on.

I am now leaning to using an old cross I made for fun, Golden Goat x Scott’s OG. Just put 21 beans in water. It was made from a Scott’s OG male @GrowHard gave me after the male I chose for a little fun pollination turned out to be sterile. So I ran it instead. It’s kind of a riff on Archive’s Mr. Dank’s Golden Ticket, which is Golden Goat x Faceoff OG bx (I sampled some and was incredible). Mothballs and lemon, more goat than kush, but denser more kush-like buds.

I wanted to work on my own stuff and believe in myself for a change, and I think I’ll like the results more. I haven’t gotten around to running any myself, shit just keeps happening every time I get some females ready to flower (virus, ran out of space, etc).

I have an assortment of potential females already (SSC #9, Bandaid Haze, Cherry Queen, Mango Nigerian Cough) just not certain how a bright stretchy lemony kush will pair to the “darker” haze hybrids I had picked out for the SSC male. Cherry Queen smells almost Golden Goat-y itself and has an absolutely incredible structure so that’s a given, but the others IDK.

14 Likes

How does anyone know what plants are going to pair well together? I’ve read/heard (maybe on the Potcast?) that Bodhi would go on a shroom journey and the plants that belong together would speak to him.

I’d say hit the new male to as many girls as you can, and try to get as many of the resultant beans grown out to see who works together and who doesn’t. It’s going to take trial and error (and luck) to find the perfect combination that will produce the fire weed everyone wants.

:pray:
t. half-assed grower who’s made a single chuck

1 Like

IDK if I’d take Bodhi’s word on that since his general strategy is to pollinate every known plant in existence lol. I mean sure pollinate 100 plants it’s a numbers game then.

6 Likes

!

Mango Nigerian Cough “E” at 49 days. Favorite plant of the run. So unbelievably greasy. Wonderful spicy sweet grapefruity musty haze. Probably take this one at 75-ish. Lightly seeded but it’s looking like the SSC accidental pollination didn’t really take as well, a few seeds for sure but not as bad as it could have been. Keeping this one, and running it next round.

Mango Nigerian Cough “D” at 57 days. The cough expression. Longer flowering, probably do 85. Big big yielder, buds are massive and not dense but not fluffy either. Herbaceous-musty-haze scent. Not keeping this one but it’s an impressive plant.

18 Likes

What lights are you running?

All ceramic metal halide.

The store brand from HTG supply with Philips 3100K bulbs.

2 Likes

Nice. I have a 315 cmh I want to run but in a small tent the heat is just too much. So I’m using a HLG 100 v2 right now. Probably going to see what good LED alternatives there are now that my HLG is 3 years old

You can run a single 315 in a 2x3 tent. Doing it now in my auxiliary little overflow/pollination tent. Just keep the exhaust fan running and it’s fine.

2 Likes

Interesting I’ll have to retry it and see what my average temps run

Super Silver Cough “F” at 49 days.

Probably my favorite of the “smaller/quicker” of the SSC expressions, it fucking reeks. Pungent, musky, dank, skunky, earthy. Not hazy, more like kush. Seems like it’ll take a bit longer than the other ones at 70-ish days, and should hopefully fill out quite a bit more. That side of the line doesn’t yield well but I’ll keep an “average” yielder if it’s dank enough. No herms to be seen but I got 3 weeks to go on her.

18 Likes