Vortex from SubCool’s The Dank

SubCools has been around a while - looked at the genetics before interesting strains

1 Like

Someone should do a seed run from his The Third Dimension also :peace_symbol:

17 Likes

Nice :+1: I’m glad this thread is back up…. So who’s sitting on Vortex around here? :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Looks like she’s working on it
@BigMike55 i picked up some jack the ripper at genetic suppy about a month ago, badgers batch. same guy who actually bred the strain to my knowledge. subcool didnt do much/any breeding it was all done by subcontracting, from my understanding. that why so many of the genetics are still being sold by badger, norstar, heroes of the farm, ect ect ect…

6 Likes

Whoa! The lineage on this strain is legendary! The high sounds fantastic and the buds look stellar! Excited to follow this one along!

5 Likes

It is Apollo 13 x Space Queen. Mz Jill Genetics says on her site they are releasing Vortex Seeds for sale in 2023. I need to get some Jilly bean seeds badly.

6 Likes

Actually I want to say that Vortex is Apollo 11 x Space Queen. I believe when it was first released it was Apollo 11 but I could be wrong…you know how the Internet seems to change things over time.

But I am real psyched about the response the thread has gotten! Seems there is a ton of support to do a seed run. Hopefully we can locate some F1 beans and get the ball rolling ASAP :grin::sweat_smile::wink:!

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

I would be in as well :+1:t4: :v:t4:

2 Likes

Awesome! There seems to be enough of a positive response, maybe it would be a good idea to do a run like the Gogi OG run…get a bunch of growers to produce a ton of seeds!

Post 2 says @DefNSmokn is involved in a run right now with this strain. Had 5 seeds, 2 germed and no males so they took clones and are making fem seeds which he will be distributing around Christmas.

7 Likes

Yes, I read that @DougDawson. I believe that run is happening on another forum and @DefNSmokn is hoping to get a bunch of beans, :grinning:. Buuut, I don’t think 2 fems would be in anyway representative of the line, plus for a preservation run it really needs to be a large open pollination.

Also as @ColeLennon mentioned Third Dimension and Chernobyl should be run as well.

3 Likes

I just didn’t want it to get glossed over is all since some are interested in the strain. Have you found a source for seeds yet?

4 Likes

Yeah I feel that, :grin:. No, basically what you know I know…all the info is in the thread. I don’t have a source for the Vortex, but I may be able to find The Third Dimension and Chernobyl.

3 Likes

Similar vein, but not the strain in question, and a project for me for a future date.

37 Likes

Wow! Those are cool dude!

2 Likes

Sub’s Agent Orange is the sh*t I grew it in 2007 :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

8 Likes

that whole list of strains on that seeds label should be projected for seed runs:-):slight_smile: :slight_smile: :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

I still have some AOCali O (Agent Orange x California Orange) from @Barefrog I am looking forward to running down the road.

10 Likes

It was the Apollo 13 used as mother in the Vortex hybrid, father was Space Queen (the male Subcool called Space Dude). I grew it around 2010. Try to get as many seeds as you guys can find to find a male as I remember many reported very high female ratios and I had the same experience though my quantity wasn’t big enough to make any generalized statements. I found one female I really liked and I grew it for some time. She was very different to the rest of the females I grew the only one really that had some sort of quality to her to make her memorable. Very strong lemon tones and not in the typical Super Silver Haze way but like a sticky lemon marmalade candy, very nice flavor and she also had a fantastic, happy, warm and up beat high. Good luck on the hunt guys!

28 Likes

In a search I found these available here:

https://www.highgrade-seeds.com/Vortex.html

https://www.highgrade-seeds.com/m_sativas.html

I know nothing about this seed bank though.

5 Likes