Welcome to Meesh's Garden

Between the foil packs on the upholstery & the … shape of that … :confounded: :eggplant:

:laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I also started a bunch of new seeds, although late to the party, I’m gonna bet quite a few come up. I did 3 each the pansy, both nemesias, angelonia, dusty miller, the pink ayssum (cuz it’s pink duh) and petunias. Seed starting fool over here!

2 Likes

Just fed all my container flowers. I love the look they get after, like they are doing a food dance. I have noticed that bacopa can’t seem to get enough and my snapdragons kinda hate it though. I haven’t had the best luck with snapdragons. I can’t figure out why, but I still keep trying.

3 Likes

Weeded my shade planters. Tried to buy some mulch today, but they were out of black so I’ll wait. Just think black mulch will look cool with the white and silvery theme I want back there. Bought 2 white English primrose flowers for back there too. Running out of light so I’ll plant them tmw. The white impatiens I planted back there a few weeks ago are going strong. Still waiting on my ferns that I ordered. Would have thought I’d have them by now. It’s nice to have my garden mostly empty right now. It was really crowded with all the cannabis for awhile. I can actually walk around, get to the flower beds and stuff now. Anyway, no internet or tv. What to do with myself now? Guess I’ll make some pesto pasta with grilled chicken and read gardening books.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Cat took out my cilantro. Both even had their true set of leaves. Sonny, he’s kind of a dick. :smirk_cat::poop:

3 Likes

Maybe consider putting in a bed of catnip to distract your kittie(s).
Easy to grow from seed, although it can be invasive.

4 Likes

The catmint I sent should take care of that once established though also depends upon the particular felines curiosity to whats growing :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well, the cilantro was one of the seeds I sowed into the newly emptied mj planter along with chamomile, marigolds and ducth white clover. I believe a few dwarf sunflowers, so all I have is sprouts in there and Sonny I believe has found his litter box of the moment and scratched away the cilantro. Bastard. The catmint is in my front planter in my rose bed :rose: It is still coming in beautifully. I’ll post it again after it really comes in. :wink:

The pink alyssum has started to sprout already.It’s become my favorite plant to sprout. Easiest damn plant I’ve ever grown and this ones gonna be pink!!! This one is so fast. An instant gratification plant. My royal carpet one with purple and white flowers is getting ready for a new bloom. It had such a kick ass spill! I’ve really been practicing my pruning skills. So important, I’ve found. Especially here, I can get many annuals to just keep coming back and coming back.

And yeah, I’ll grow him some catnip in a big plastic pot in the spring or when I get back, who knows. I was gonna grow him cat grass, but he likes the alfalfa from the cover crop in the veggie patch. It still pops up.

5 Likes

So, I returned to a box of goodies! Some of my bulbs and such arrived along with my Godzilla Japanese Painted Fern. In this shipment, I got a bag of oriental lily bulbs, 2 red bleeding heart bare roots, a trumpet lily mix, portugese squill bulbs and persian lily bulbs. Waiting on 4 more bleeding hearts 2 white 2 pink, Lily Tree bulbs (oriental giant lilies), golden stargazer lily bulbs, wild tulip mix and unfortunately my Patriot Hosta is unavailable now. Stoked on all the lilies coming as the squirrels got most of them last year.

Dad killed 2 of my violas by overwatering lol. No biggie, they cost me like 3 bucks. Lots of my babies have sprouted, both of the nemesia varieties, dusty millers, the pink alyssum, pansies, even tiny petunia sprouts. No sign of the angelonia or coleus though. In Kauai, the coleus grows huge and like a perennial and it’s everywhere! I was super envious of it. I also brought back a few tropical ginger cuttings for my shade garden. I hope they grow. They should as a lot of the plants there are growing all over Southern Cali too! Sure would like a little slice of Kauai in my backyard!

4 Likes

My bacopa has went from pretty in the summer to monster spill with trails of flowers in fall. It is beautiful. I’ll get some pics to show you guys after the storm passes.

2 Likes

Keep your life jackets close!

1 Like

Bacopa from spring

New ones… taking off like crazy

Verbena I planted from seed late summer, getting ready to flower

5 Likes

And, on that note, we’re geting 4-5 inches of snow tomorrow. Like someone in town said, winter is still 4 weeks away. :slight_frown:

2 Likes

I’m over here moaning and groaning over 58 f and rainy today and frozen fingers at 66 in the house. Actually fired up the heater. :joy: I’m such a spoiled Cali brat.

4 Likes

Oriental Lily trees and my Golden stargazers have arrived. Gonna plant huge patches of stinky delicious lilies this year! Yay!

2 Likes

Nothing like the very first flower on a plant that you started from seed… by tmw this verbena will be teaming with them! :grin:

8 Likes

Planted some stock sprouts and a random pansy plant I had in the previous cannabis living soil beds now my annual bed. Found some red wigglers in there too. 2 minutes of planting and I’m wiped out. I really need to take it easy and rest. Get over this damn flu. I’m stir crazy and achy.

5 Likes

Actually on the mend, but actually feel worse as it’s starting to come out, but half congested and half runny. Head and chest hurt. Anyway, had to get some things planted that have been sitting here for a week.

Bought these cuttings in Kauai, the white one went in the shade bed along with 2 white bleeding hearts. The red one on the east side of my house where nothing grows . I can’t seem to find a good water ratio for my shade plants. So many deaths. It’s kind of depressing.

Planted 5 trumpet lilies by my other naked ladies aka belladonna because they are similar. 5 new lily tree bulbs by last year’s. Got 4 Persian lilies and 6 scillia bulbs planted by my wisteria. Right in back of my brodaia rudys. They are all blue, purples and white right there. I think they will look nice. I also sheared down my hollyhock leaves. I started these from seed in the summer and they won’t bloom until summer, but the leaves went Cray Cray and were shading out the carnations that are starting their first bloom. Also started these from seed. Hopefully I didn’t kill them by hacking off all the leaves at once. My across the street neighbor has had some for years and never has massive leaves like that when they aren’t blooming so I think they will just come back. I ran out of steam with like 4 bags of oriental lilies and stargazers left to plant. Put some eucalyptus and peppermint oil in my diffuser hoping it helps clear my sinuses.

5 Likes

Looking around at my dead, barren and desolate garden, except my container flowers, I realized that I’m gonna have to get used to it looking like this from fall until about February as I grow basically zero foliage plants. My love for flowers has almost every perennial a bulb a rhizome or a tuber and when not in bloom, they are barren and ugly as hell. lol I just keep trying to remember how amazing it starts looking in Spring and Summer. The 2 ginger plants if they start should give me some good tall foliage in the shade though. Have my fingers crossed that the godzilla Japanese Painted Fern takes hold and gives me a monster plant also. I think I have 2 pink bleeding hearts and a assortment of wild tulips still on order as well.
Seems all the plants I love all go ethereal on me. sigh. Slowly but surely filling in the empty cannabis bed now with annuals. Have quite a few babies not quite ready for transplant. In December, I will put a trellis up and start my sweet peas in there as well. Maybe having the annual bed to play with will cut down my container plant obsession as now I have another place to plant them. Although, I think I may put 2 of the new golden stargazer lily bulbs in a container with other other annuals cuz it will look great when they finally pop up and all the other flowers are blooming with it.

2 Likes