🎧 What Are You Listening To? (Part 4)

5 Likes

Something a little meditative to go to sleep by.

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Heading for the beach, Have a great day! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

If you’re not familiar with klezmer music, it is Jewish folk music from Eastern Europe, centered in Poland. If I had to describe it to someone who’s never heard it, I would say think of circus music. In my ear the similarities are both in style and tempo. Both genres are often upbeat and neither are string driven. Klezmer is reed and brass driven, often featuring clarinet, saxophone and trumpet.

This release is a killer fusion of a powerful klezmer band (a long-time favorite genre for me) and the Senegalese drum group Alioune Faye & Yakar Rhythms, who bring so much propulsive force it’s difficult for me not to move while it’s playing. This is serious dance music.

4 Likes
7 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

Well that’s quite interesting. There’s a lot going on there. For a moment I got the theme music for a villain escape scene.

1 Like

Frontier Psychiatrist? Nice.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Circus music. High stepping circus music. Think an escape scene where the criminal is chased by the Keystone Cops.

Yeah, see, I don’t only listen to old music. I’m pretty with it. I listen to the latest stuff too! :rofl: