What was your first festival/ concert? And why was it memorable?

My first festival was one of the first meltdowns, they have been held others places, but most famously in darrington wa. Flow motion, now known as true spokes. Was who threw the whole thing… three days of straight music and tripping. Dropping acid and shrooms all day and tripping into the night… always smoking weed, eating brownies…and some of the best times ever. Cant wait to go again. Please share your experiences.

13 Likes

Didn’t go to many but: Bob Marley Day in S.F. Golden Gate park, gobbled mushies & bought a huge weed brownie right after the gate & remember inhaling it('cuz we’d been smokin already of course). We were pretty far from the stage & I have no idea who was playing, but with the shrooms & bright sun, the stage seemed a couple miles away. :sweat_smile: At some point I farted while sitting on the grass & thought I’d shit my pants :astonished: but mercifully I was just REALLY high. :laughing: Our return-to-the-car journey was through botanical gardens :dizzy_face: :t_rex: :sparkles: with a setting sun & some of those stolen aloe cuttings may still be in one of our gardens. :joy:

I’ve heard some good stories(naked people hanging from a tree-branches, shitting… tripper stuck on a rock in the middle of the river–because the river is hot LAVA!) from Reggae on the River, but it’s truly a cesspool. :unamused:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

9 Likes

Edgar Winter

did some purple barrel LSD and it was epic

all the best

Dequilo

13 Likes

Thats an epic show to see!

My first concert was bush (remember them?) with an unknown opening band that we made fun of called no doubt haha

10 Likes

Well my first concert was marilyn Manson back in like '95 or '96 but my first festival was ozzfest '97

8 Likes

wow, purple barrel acid right on. Marylin Manson would be awesome,… how was ozzfest?? Hot I bet :fire:

7 Likes

Hell man it was awesome and yes you’re right very hot!! I’m thinking it was in july if I’m not mistaken and well here in dallas so yeah very hot. Great time tho. Cant remember how many bands were there…something like 30

7 Likes

Didn’t do many festivals in the 70’s, but saw a shit load of concerts. All of them were good, we were getting stoned inside listening to music. What could be bad? Lol

8 Likes

LIVE STOCK, south florida around 99,or 2000. 3 days of just mayhem !! I was 21, while parked on side of road, camping, waiting for event to open, I found a bag of ecstasy, and acid, a whole shit ton, and while I returned it to the people who lost it, they gave me several doses as a thank you, lets just say it was one of the better weekends of my life. And I was with about 15 of my friends and family. These events were sponsored by Jose cuervo, and a rock station in Tampa, basically for a decade. It was a 3 day event with bands from morning to midnight, and so much smoke and drugs, that the police wouldnt even mess with you, less.you were fighting. Anyone smoking or using was left alone, was just too many people doing it to try and enforce any kind of law. No doubt, some of the best shows I’ve ever seen where while there at those shows,.

Godsmack, black crows, rob zombie, kidrock, Metallica, mudvayne, nickleback, creed, fuel, so many more, just about every up and coming band of the early 2ks. And a bunch of the older 90s bands, just hundreds of bands over the years, man it was something special.

10 Likes

First standalone concert was Tool, first festival was something called the Big Day Out.

The Tool concert was great, my ears were ringing for days and we sat at the back of the stadium. You could feel the breeze from the movement of the speakers.

7 Likes

Awesome lots of really cool memories! When we went meltdown 8 or so years in a row, we never had to worry about cops per 2 to 3k of people, there was one cop. And he smoked bud. It was the best,… one night they said hit this peace pipe, I was like alright huge puff, hold it in… and it was opium. Bam on the floor I was and I woke up naked with hippie belly dancers dancing around a friend and I. That was nuts :flushed:

8 Likes

Truly sounds very great, man I bet those were some fun times… that many bands? Thats epic… kinda how the festivals I went to were. Nonstop music for 3 or 4 days…

3 Likes

First festival for me was X-Fest 2 down in SW FL. The local rock station at the time, 99x held em every year. Holy shit… i had to go look it up and it was in '99. I was 12 at the time. Passed a joint to a cop when I wasn’t paying attention. He hit it and passed it on lol. Felt my first real set of tits. First mosh pit, first crowd surf. Got to see godsmack, Jimmy chicken shack and cracker. Still one of the best festivals I’ve ever been to.

7 Likes

Local show at the uaw hall back in October 2006, mainly underground metal/grindcore bands and a local punk band called dead meat. One of my favorite memories (from what I could remember of it haha)

5 Likes

Epic. Ha I laughed first tit. Always memorable.and crowdsurfing, that sounds like a hell of a experience.!

5 Likes

Glastonbury start of the 90s. Not so much memories, more like occasional flashbacks :laughing:

8 Likes

Steppenwolf and the James Gang in Dallas, Texas - 1970
memorable? I don’t remember much about it! lol was too stoned ))

8 Likes

I’ll always remember a Rolling Stones concert in a soccer stadium. It was in Madrid, July 1982 and was memorable because despite a storm with heavy rain they finally appeared in the scenary and gave a wonderful concert … music341|nullxnull

8 Likes

I saw them in 80 or 81. Their tour was sponsored by Jovan I think. It was one of the first sponsored tours I knew of for a rock band. One hell of a show.

6 Likes

Phish 2000 Alpine Valley. Was a journey for my friend and i just to get there bc of our age and neither of us having a car. Never looked back after that.

9 Likes