🎧 What Are You Listening To? (Part 5)

3 Likes

Thank you! I’d never heard of him, and based on those two songs, I like his music a lot! I’ll be listening to more of him. :+1:

1 Like

beating myself over the head with it

Happy Friday Eve.

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Here’s Imogen Heap with Jeff Beck making this blues standard their own…

3 Likes
1 Like

Nice 1, I love her… she’s got great spirit and unusual voice :heart_eyes:

1 Like
5 Likes

7 Likes

Cookin’ On 3 Burners is an Australian funk trio

4 Likes
4 Likes

I have the biggest shit eating grin on my mug right at this moment (2:00 into the song) even though I’m outta likes.

WHAT A COVER!

Okay, now I’m not aware of what kind of music @MoBilly likes or plays, however, I would be interested in his opinion of these guys. They’re serious musicians, playing what I’ll call bluegrass fusion for lack of a more proper term.

4 Likes

I’d never seen a video of Django Reinhardt and/or Stéphane Grappelli playing in the classic Hot Club of France. My guess is lots of jazz fans here may not have either. Their solos don’t come in until near the end of the film. It was totally worth six and a half minutes of my time.

What the uploader said - “Here’s a remarkable short film of the great gypsy jazz guitarist Django Reinhardt, violinist Stéphane Grappelli and their band the “Quintette du Hot Club de France” performing on a movie set in 1938. The film was hastily organized by the band’s British agent Lew Grade as a way to introduce the band’s unique style of guitar and violin-based jazz to the British public before their first UK tour.”

6 Likes

you ever watch Sweet and Lowdown? Sean Penn playing Emmitt Ray who’s infatuated with Django…pretty hilarious movie.

2 Likes
5 Likes