🎧 What Are You Listening To? Volume 3 (Part 1)

Borderlands is one of my favorite game franchises, and they love the Heavy…

Most people automatically go straight to the fat horns and catchy hook of

1 Like

Fun fact: all the samples they use are from film print optical from National Film Board of Canada films.

OCD Film Tech creative moment: I made an instrument that allows you to use film optical in the same way a scratching artist uses vinyl records in turntablism. I use it to mix samples into doom/drone shit I do to have fun… but mostly make soundtracks to experimental films when I put that hat on. :smiley:

Edit: I call it the “Rewind-O-Tron”

4 Likes

Similar setting without words…

3 Likes

I have no idea what that means but it sounds really cool. Any audio of the Rewind-O-Tron?

2 Likes

I always love playing with music makers and instruments and such.

Then I see someone like this guy, and realize that I have no talent.

3 Likes

@Heliosphear wow, look at this uptick in activity in this thread, 5K in record time up ahead.

Because we got the

5 Likes

This is great

5 Likes

Nothing coherent. I’ll check the files at home and see if I have anything worth posting :laughing:

2 Likes

My fish tank filter is what I’m listening to along with the ac …space case

3 Likes

The HVAC once got loose and was creating the craziest industrial polyrhythms and triplets. I recorded it for 45 minutes and labelled the file “Floppydisk Pie-fight”. I then loaded it onto my looper pedal and jam to it on occasion :laughing:

3 Likes
1 Like

Just in case you didn’t see it live.

2 Likes

Thanks. City lights = no starry nights.

The east coast power failure of the early 2000’s will never be forgotten. :fist: :night_with_stars:

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

nuff said

6 Likes

Wow, let a few tears slide there, powerful. Thank you so much for sharing.

1 Like