šŸŽ§ What Are You Listening To? Volume 3 (Part 1)

3 Likes

RIP Leslie West 1945 to Dec 23 2020ā€¦

7 Likes

Bean bag chairs, lava lamps, black lights and day-glo posters, big bongs. All of these are vividly evoked when I listen to Mountain
I saw them in Westwood NJ circa 1971ā€¦

6 Likes

thatā€™s awesome you got to see them! Donā€™t forget the 80ā€™s resurgenceā€¦I LOVED this tune back in the day:

3 Likes

Seasons Greetings @Muleskinner
I have very fond memories of the early days of the cannabis infiltration of pop culture.
One of my younger brotherā€™s high school (St. Joseph Regional in Montvale NJ ) hired Mountain to perform in Westwood. What fun indeedā€¦doobies of soaring sativas, high school girls and loud music. Being a College senior, I was like an old man hanging out and digging the young impressionable and nubile girls. What mammaries, I mean memoriesā€¦hahaha.

The last rock concert/show that I ever attended was in 1976 (Frank Zappa and Elvin Bishop at the Capitol Theater in Passaic NJ).

I did not pay much attention to rock/pop bands after the late ā€˜70s, and know very little about the popular bands of the ā€˜80s or ā€˜90s. I had no idea of Mountain performing in the ā€˜80s, and have never heard/seen that video. Thanks for sharing.
It sucks getting old, but sure beats the alternatives.

4 Likes
5 Likes

it was pretty much one and done for Leslie West in the 80ā€™s, he just showed up and did the ā€œGo for your lifeā€ album above and then disappeared again, now I see he was having a lot of health problems

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes