What are you listening to?

@Scissor-Hanz, you obviously have excellent taste in meaningful music. Are you on Spotify? We can share music there. :cowboy_hat_face:

Well, thanks. You too, cowboy.
No I haven’t looked into Spotify, but it seems popular lately. I have computer-TV-stereo system wired together, so I’ve gotten lazy and mostly use my youtube suggested playlist.

3 Likes
3 Likes

i really enjoyed this one. very “unpretentious” & candid, almost the opposite of many youtube growers. as i understand it, the monarchy tolerates hashmaking for export? but not consumption by moroccans? and cannabis cultivation is explicitly legal?

i guess i need to be less lazy & wikipedia before posting
 heh :wink:

1 Like

just heard this great tune on my local 70’s station, great ballad from the 70’s I had forgotten. I notice that all the popular 70’s songs were about people making love to each other! I am still looking for that time machine back to the 70’s :smile:

4 Likes

new evil ebenezer. this guy deserves way more subs etc

2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

right back atcha. keepers fer sure, IMO:

:wink:

cannabis.sequoia

4 Likes

the outlaw josey wales

Got Calexico playing here and enjoying it - probably getting old lol

1 Like
3 Likes

3 Likes

Whenever I see/hear Melissa Manchester I instantly think of Maria Muldaur.

From 1973 or '74

4 Likes

Uh oh.

3 Likes

Song in protest against the repressive laws of Spain against freedom of expression, several rappers with sentences of 4 years of imprisonment for their lyrics, lately there is a persecution against those who think differently from the system, FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION

Cancion en protesta contra las leyes represoras de España contra la libertad de expresion, varios raperos con penas de 4 años de prision por sus letras, ultimamente hay una persecucion contra los que piensan diferente al sistema, LIBERTAD DE EXPRESION

3 Likes

what are they saying that got them prosecuted? It seems like the entire West is sliding into fascism together these days. I can’t believe Germany was willing to arrest the Catalonian politician. That is bullshit, it shows all the various states of the West are working for the same bankers

3 Likes

The truth bout my real live
:

1 Like

2 Likes

Loving tributes to Aleah Liane Stanbridge.

YouTube: Trees of Eternity: Broken Mirror (Official Lyric Video) [2016-Aug-10]

YouTube: Trees of Eternity: A Million Tears (Official Lyric Video) [2016-Oct-20]

YouTube: Hallatar - Dreams Burn Down (feat. Aleah) [2017-Oct-18]

YouTube - Hallatar: My Mistake (Official Music Video) [2017-Oct-19]
(Feat. Heike Langhans)

ADDENDUM

http://rockstarcafe.ru/userfiles/clauses/large/1886_swallow-the-sun.jpg

YouTube: Swallow The Sun - Live in Moscow 21.04.2016 (Entire Concert) [2016-Apr-22]
4. Cathedral Walls @ 00:25:30

YouTube: Swallow The Sun - Cathedral Walls (Moscow 21.04.2016) [2016-Apr-25]

[ evalingon.com/projects/swallow-sun-cathedral-walls-2012/ ]

Vocals: Mikko KotamÀki, Guitars: Juha Raivio & Markus JÀmsen, Keyboards: Aleksi Munter, Bass: Matti Honkonen, Drums: Kai Hahto, Female vocals: Anette Olzon

Cast:
Woman – Aleah Stanbridge
Man – Antti Peltonen
Dancers – Krista Honkonen, Emmiina Tikanoja & Kaisa Ikonen

Crew:
Director – Tage Rönnqvist
Cinematographer – Rasmus TĂ„g
Gaffer – Anders Lönnfeldt
Best Boy – Niklas Laurin
Make Up – Sara Dahlback
Choreographer – Krista Honkonen
Wardrobe – Krista Honkonen
Additional Cinematography – Anders Lönnfeldt
Editors – Tage Rönnqvist, Anders Lönnfeldt & Rasmus TĂ„g
Grading – Anders Lönnfeldt & Rasmus TĂ„g
Writer – Juha Raivio
Producers – Spinefarm Records & Eva Lingon

[ www.metal-discovery.com/Interviews/treesofeternity_interview_2017.htm ]
Metal Discovery: Interview with Juha Raivio of Trees of Eternity (2017-Feb-11)

« This shallow world needs these magical words and healing music of Aleah now, more than ever, and I try my best to carry her flame forward. »

« I didn’t want to release this Hallatar album under the name of Trees Of Eternity as there will never be another Trees Of Eternity album without Aleah singing on it. Aleah was the true heart and soul of Trees of Eternity and I could never imagine another singer on Trees Of Eternity album. »

« For the song “My mistake” you did also a collaboration, this time with Heike Langhans which has a similar voice as Aleah(especially on this song) 
 how was when you did the video and all the thing related to this?

Heike and Aleah were good friends and they are both originally from South-Africa and I know they wanted to do music together in the future, so it was very important for me that Heike was included on this album to in a way make her and Aleah still “do music” together as they would have done if things would go other way. I asked Heike if she would sing and do some poems of Aleah in the Hallatar album and she was honoured and proud to do it. Im very lucky to be able to work with these amazing people in this album. »

4 Likes