What are you listening to?

Kurt playing guitar w/ Mark Lanegan of Screaming Trees

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the playlist from my friendā€™s dadā€™s memorial; he picked before he passed. :slight_smile:
Only person to ever sport a Megadeth pocket protector. RIP John.

1. Tony Allen & The Champs - Nite Owl
  2. James Brown - Please, Please, Please
  3. Wilson Pickett - Land of 1000 Dances
  4. Wilson Pickett - In The Midnight Hour
  5. Otis Redding - (Sittinā€™ On) The Dock Of The Bay
  6. Carla Thomas - B-A-B-Y
  7. Public Enemy - 911 Is A Joke
  8. Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
  9. Don and Juan - Whatā€™s Your Name
  10. The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda

:rainbow:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

interesting guy - thatā€™s probably the only time Beach Boys and PE appear on the same bill!

back to Seattleā€¦

2 Likes

seen 'em in concert at mardi gras between 1987 and 1990, not sure which yearā€¦ or exactly whereā€¦ the concert was. I was partying a ā€˜tadā€™ bit too much back then. But, I do have the souvenirs that prove, that I (or lets just say ā€˜someoneā€™ close to me [he says with a 1/2 shit eatinā€™ grin]) was at mardi gras between '87 - '90.

Hell, what am I thinking, it was probably some ā€˜Tribute Bandā€™, thatā€™s why my memory is so FUZZY! what do you think?

regards,

mike28086

1 Like

@cannabissequoia This playlist he made for his own funeral is AWESOME! I love that idea! I saw an article recently where you can have your ashes pressed into an album. You can pick music, your own voice recording or leave it blank so when someone listening only your ashes would make crackle and pop noises. What would you guys choose as your theme album? Creepy crackle and pop soundsā€¦ muahaha! I kinda think I would put something funny on there, so if anyone was bummed about me dying, they would play it and like Rick Jamesā€™ Super Freak would come on or something.

2 Likes

Marley. I shot the sheriff

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Layne again! this time w/ Mike McCready

The cracks and lines
From where you gave up
They make an easy man to read

1 Like

The album, whoā€™s cover photo, unintentionally started the fracture, that would blow apart the 1st incarnation of this great band.

regards,

mike28086

4 Likes

just heard this on the radio nice!

1 Like
2 Likes