What are you listening to?

This band and the previous go hand in hand they should have done a jam together with blues traveler they might have been the hottest ticket in 98

1 Like
4 Likes

1998 called they want that stoned kid back

1 Like

Metallica was pretty big then.

2 Likes

Iā€™m one of those guys who think they died after master of puppets lol

3 Likes

yea that was a great album and agreed. I stil have not listened to anything they made after reload I think was a good one then this one I tried to listen to three songs off ā€œSt. Angerā€ and was like this has no rhythm and makes my ears feel bad and turned them off forever when they sued napster come on dude.

In 1998 I was still loving Pennywise, Offspring, Rancid, Wu-Tang, Rage Against The Machine were on third album by then I think, floggin molly, nofx, AC/DC, Less Than Jake, and there were a few punk labels then that just sent hordes of pop punk and ska and rockabilly bands, only one I really remember I liked was Drive Thru Records, their bands like Homegrown and Allister and Finch I mean I am too old for anything close to emo now but then I was chasing girls and selling weed and having lots of fun maybe more than I should have.

My friend crowd surfed and they dropped him on his head, a girl got trampled and dudes from my school had to hurricane spin punch to get her off the ground and keep her from geting trampled, and I saw the most violent bully who had been struggling with heat all day from high school, was in mosh pit and a guy did spinning hurrincae style hammer punch to the back of his head and he went down like sack of potatoes. He didnā€™t wake up and had to go in ambulance and told us later he had heat stroke and the hit knocked him out. But they gave him fluid and he was fine I guess had alcohol drying him out.

Pretty sure I donā€™t want to freak anyone out, but a very epic video I am going to confirm it was 1998 but pretty sure I remember where I was and what I was doing when this funky ass peice hit my eardrums and I think it was 1998:

2 Likes

Legit the only time Iā€™ve listened to radio head was at a laser show in the planetarium on mescaline and dissociatives

Was just watching a show and looked this song up cuz I remembered it from it and like the profound feeling that washed over me

2 Likes

Yeah I was pretty punk myself back in 98 I had dyed my hair jet black and with my pork chop sideburns I thought I looked like Elvis LMAO oh the good ole days when you had to buy the CD used to get so pumped for new punk o Rama CDs cause the were cheap

@h3y4rnold check out this version of radioheads creep these vintage jukebox people should be all over the radio so much talent

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

They may not have the catchiest name but they sure do got sum funk in them @Calyxander

1 Like
3 Likes

thereā€™s a nofx song church and skate about this, about how when they started the kids woke up the day of the concert stood up in the gutter of the street where they had fallen asleep chomped on a handful of speedpills knuckled up and walked to the fucking punk show with a five spot for the cover and a bad attitude.

One of my friends we were talking about it, I had forgotten, when we were kids Flogging Molly was his favorite group, and we went to this supposedly classy venue that the bouncers are known to beat up people there and cops dont care. So we get there with tickets its sold out packed butt to nut down stairs and balcony and some girls help us get all the way to the front standing before it starts.

No intro, no opener, no chit chat no ā€œweā€™re going to play some tracks off our newestā€¦ā€

Just the band picked up their shits the lights came up the lead singer swung his guitar around the sling to his back and the banks started rocking and he starts chugging a damn fifth of Jack Daniels was new had the top thing that cracks loose when you first open. Chugs entire bottle so fast the first verse has not come around.

As soon as he finishes last swig the entire band while rocking each instrument full speed starts also riverdancing in unison and the singer while river dancing with his feet spikes the fucking glass bottle into the floor right in front of me, shit breaks into a million peaces, bitches are flashing their tits and he grabs the mic with both hands and leans forward and screams through PA speakers also right next to me GET ON UP AND DANCE YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

And they riverdance faster and the verse comes in and they rock even harder. My friend blacked out and bouncers tried to do their thing and were not able to and scene missing we got kicked out haha but it was cool we were pumped and the crowd ripped the doors off the joint without us it wasnā€™t just us hahaha.

Man I was so fucked up I had forgotten it but he just reminded me. The first song after the smash and yell,

Keep in mind the crowd at this concert, the rowdiest drunkest of the poeple who were fighting the most were beautiful girls with red hair and pig tails crushing 22 oz can to the forhead and burb and get in fist fight, was great concert just saying the part I got to see.

1 Like
1 Like

Lou Reed - " Sweet Jane "

you are missed RIP

1 Like

2 Likes
3 Likes