What would you call these?

Just digging around the last few minutes, I’m seeing everything labeled every which way, even on the same site, lol

1 Like

4 Likes

That’s really interesting. Thanks for posting this.

1 Like

If you Google pea stipule… it’s more of a leaf than the stipules in Cannabis.

2 Likes

I would like to stipulate that these are stipules.

5 Likes

I found a better image showing all the different kinds last night but I was so sleepy…

5 Likes

It’s called a “green pointy thing.” Scientific.

9 Likes

Greenicus Pointinitus

5 Likes

@Foreigner can speak Latin too ??? You truely amaze me sir. Good day. :rainbow:

2 Likes

I speak various forms of Latin.

1 Like

I said “good Day !” :rage: (fes)

3 Likes

I’m sorry I didn’t understand you.

1 Like

“That 70s show”. (fes) - foreign exchange student. :rofl: :rainbow:

1 Like

I only watch the price is right and family feud but only ones with Steve Harvey.

And the occasional rerun of Unsolved Mysteries because damnit one of these days they’ll solve a mystery

3 Likes

I had assumed that you watched the stock market all day long. So you can keep track of your “calendar “ money. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

I only did it so I could put model on my résumé

1 Like

This is a fascinating paper. Totally missed it’s significance in this comment of yours. Skimming that paper and others it seems maturity of a given plant seems to determine weather or not that structure is called a stipule or a bract. Modern research seems to be saying they’re stipules on juvenile plants and bracts when plants are mature with the development of floral structures. So in the picture at the beginning of the thread with the flowering plants I now think those who said bracts are correct.

It’s helped provide a new way at looking at plant progression and morphology. Totally awesome!

For anyone interested, the paper referenced with the image by @PsillyRabbit is titled Architecture and Florogenesis in Female Cannabis sativa Plants by Spitzer-Rimon et al 2019

There’s another one titled Morphological Characterization of Cannabis sativa L. Throughout Its Complete Life Cycle by Hesami et al 2023

And I learned that the bracts in your follow-up picture can be better described as perigonal bracts. Many blessings and much love

1 Like