What's the longest you've waited for a cutting to root?

(Successfully). In starter plugs under dome on heating pad for 7 days. Still no roots. Wondering if leaving them in a glass of plain water for a few days and the fact that they were just starting to flower will make them less viable.

5 Likes

Sometimes 20-30 days if the mom wasn’t healthy.

11 Likes

moms were healthy but starting to make small budlets. 20-30 days sounds like stay the course then…

2 Likes

10-12 days is the norm for me. I’ve waited over a month before.

3 Likes

The ones put into flower do take longer. I have a cutting in water from a flowering plant and it didn’t root but with water changes is still alive and even has tiny seeds. I threw it in water and left in the tent and mostly forgot it.

:green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

35 days was my longest but had this extra clone sit for over 60 days in water was legit all yellow planted it in some soil and came back rather surprised

9 Likes

Bravo on the save! Weeds at the end of the day.

1 Like

my red hot cookies cut can take up to 35 days to root. best I’ve got was maybe 18 days with it.
most of my other stuff roots in less than 10.

3 Likes

then i wont let 7 days in the dome discourage me

4 Likes

It’s a bit dependent on the mother, some strains seem to grow roots much faster than others. Imho 2 weeks is not that uncommon.

3 Likes

fastest 5 days. longest was cut taken 4 weeks in flower over a month.

1 Like

@BudLarfy temperature also plays a big part of how fast roots development. Currently have a tray in the 2-3 week range

1 Like

…and roots lol. Ask and you shall receive. Bout 8 days.

5 Likes

Better order a new Bottle of LITFA!!! Remember, that Turtle won dat Race. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Never wait long, when it’s warm and spring summer
A widow sill with nice ambient light will root
In 7 days easy
In cooler weather I use a heat mat lol
Waiting for me at least equals failed cut
Rot, it never ends well for me.
Heat equals fast imo but that’s just my experience

4 Likes

Best advice ever! Thank you Misterbee. I forgot that nature’s gonna do what she wants. Rooting clones is gratifying. Makes me feel like I know what I’m doing.

1 Like

Another trick I use is at night move your cups away from the cold window till morning sun.

3 Likes

Usually about two weeks, occasionally less. But I have two cuttings over a month old that just sprouted roots yesterday and today.

1 Like