Who plans on making seeds?

Lollol! Yep. But yellow. I most likely won’t do that but who knows. I wonder what stickergiant would say lol

I hit mine right at 3 weeks from flip and felt like it was early. Have a nice crop of seeds coming in though. I’ve heard as long as they have 4 weeks from pollination to harvest you’re good.

3 Likes

. The group hug.

8 Likes

Thinking about what in the yard gets hit with @DougDawson 's PPP pollen and when the best time to do so.

Am just starting to see preflower here in S.Ont. and don’t want to miss the prime opportunity.

My Washing Machine Is probably the most advanced, preflowers look like this:

Purple Alien like this:

Two more weeks and then pollen?

7 Likes

I think that’s a pretty good thought, 2 weeks. I’m still working that out myself but thinking along the lines of what you are.

2 Likes

Thanks buddy.

1 Like

How many seeds do you plan to make?

I’d probably wait a bit too.

But I’m a pollinating lowers kind of guy.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m doing too, a branch on each plant.

Gelato41, purple alien, washing machine, puna-duck and honeycane will all have a branch hit with ppp pollen.

My outdoor run is flower to take me through the winter.

I want to be able to concentrate my indoor work on making auto seeds for a while.

5 Likes

Sounds like you’ve got it in hand.

Only thing I’ll add is try to pollinate on a day without wind.

You’re going to get a little overspray but no big deal :+1:

2 Likes

I picked up a stack of lcbo wine bottle paper bags.

I’ll pollinate, paper bag stapled over that branch and let that sit for 48 hrs.

A suggestion from another OG’er for keeping the pollen from spreading indoors.

5 Likes

Here’s where mine are. Going au natural so I just guessed on flowering the male. Looks like it’ll work out nicely though. I gave the female a heavy defol yesterday to get the lowers as mature as possible before the pollen starts flying.

6 Likes

Good Luck!

3 Likes

Thanks brother. No sweat for me. Should be pretty hard to screw this up :yum:. I have no quota but certainly more the merrier.

1 Like

Since I want to makes some buds as well my next run I am going to use a 2.5 x 2.5 in my basement to house the males. Than either selectively hit branches or take one or two good females and stick them in the basement party tent for a day or two each. Now when I am done either a branch or whole plant and waited for a couple days do I just spray with water to deactivate pollen before putting them back in their place?

3 Likes

That’s what I would do with my limited knowledge.

If anyone knows better, please correct me?

3 Likes

This what I have been doing, but I’m only waiting 2-4 hours after painting the desired branches to hose them off and put them back in the flower tent. Seems to be plenty of time for the pollen to do its thing.

I also just harvested a sensi plant that was flowering during a couple selective pollinations so water alone will deactivate.

3 Likes

Thanks bud. I want seeds and buds this go so will be playing with this. Appreciate the input.

3 Likes

Overnight works

1 Like

When I’ve pollinated individual branches I’ve never bothered to soak with water to deactivate.

I’ve only done it on a small scale though.

2 Likes

I use this same method with a bag to isolate branches if pollinating multiple branches on same plant with different pollen sources

pollen
paint brush
bags
rubber bands
spray bottle of water
and tags so I don’t mess up which is which
lol last bit is crucial otherwise lots of jars listed mixed but good???

5 Likes