Who uses Dr. Earth dry amendments?

Currently I use the FF Trio and Ocean Forest. Now that I feel comfortable with feeding and growing in general I am looking to move away from the bottle nutrients, drop the synthetics and save money.
I plan on buying some FF Happy Frog, Dr Earth dry amendments and top dressing every 30 days or so. Who uses these? What is the smallest size pot you would recommend? What are your results like? I mainly use 2 gal pots… I know I will need to keep up on watering.
I would appreciate any advice!

12 Likes

It’s what I use. 1-2 tbsp/gal of soil. The tomato blend for veg then again with the bud and bloom before flower. Great stuff grows dank weed with very little effort.

7 Likes

I was thinking of leaving the bottles too.But want to keep the stimulants as biobizz line Is organic nutrients.Is It possible?

1 Like

Bigger pots are better when it comes to organics. You can do 1 or 2 gallon but your veg will have to be very short (2ish weeks) and you’ll be watering multiple times a day come flower. Also way more likely to run into deficiencies in small pots even with a short veg, it’s just not a lot of room for food.

6 Likes

I mix my own soil now. I’ve found almost nothing premixed in a bag is right. Ends up being cheaper in bulk and feeding is only Lil epsom here n there and pk boost in flower. Plus my molasses to keep the microbes happy.

4 Likes

So stimulants and organic can go hand in hand
I also have Molasses but don’t know how to use It.I have 2 pots 3 gallon airpot,with clover also

2 Likes

I started on advance nutrients. Found tps to save money (does work great) but always seemed to fall off w bag soils needing to add nutes. So I decided to dig deep into what makes a good soil. Ended up with a modified coots mix that I’m loving. Don’t think I’ll be buying any more bottles.

4 Likes

The molasses will mainly feed microbe life in the soil. Microbes happy =plant happy. Pretty much. Also does something with brix levels. Like sap I guess. Makes the plants blood thicker. Stickier. But again that’s only if microbes are consuming and converting the sugars. No microbes molasses is kinda a waste. 1tbsp per gallon watered into soil is how I use it. Here n there not every day.

3 Likes

Let’s do Little recap for you friend @GanjaMa :

2 Likes

Im trying their organic dry ferts for the first time. We’ll see what happens. I’ve always used liquid advanced nutrients grow, micro and bloom.

4 Likes

You’ll like em. Dr earth is good stuff. That an line gets ridiculous at 8-16ml per gallon and multiple plants. I had to drop them quick. But they also do work.

3 Likes

Your plan here is good. Happy frog I personally like better than ocean forest. Pot size depends on how big a plant you want. I usually run 3 gallon. But 5gallon is definitely good for organic soil plant too. Just will they need 5gallons? How long a veg usually do you do? And adding mykos to your soil will do magical things.

3 Likes

Gotcha, im trying autos right now so it would do just fine for those?

Might be a dumb question but you say my veg will have to be short, is that because the pot is so small it cant hold enough nutes? And I would like to run photos in 2gal pots this way as well, so couldnt I top dress with tomato blend again 2-3 ish weeks after I top dressed with tomato blend at the start of veg to keep vegging?
this is all new to me sorry lol :rofl:

3 Likes

We are doing autos,I can Say you won’t Need as much vegging nutes as flowering nutes.See,a good soil blend Will hold a nice amount of NPK for our autos vegetative stage.Maybe you want to add a bit if you see Nitrogen deficiency

1 Like

This is the ultimate goal. I would love to stop buying premixed bags and just make my own. Im still learning about soil mixes and what does what. So much to learn!

2 Likes

I think the happy frog should have enough to get my autos through veg, im curious if i can top dress the tomato blend twice if I want to do a longer veg with a photo in 2gal. But I dont see why not?

2 Likes

You could, it’s a giant pain in the ass to keep ‘em watered though.

2 Likes

Yes you can do It of course.

1 Like

I got most of the stuff im using gifted to me by a friend who wanted to grow and found out after one try he was done. My bro bought his tent and he gave me everything else he had. Light, fans, nutes, everything. So I went from led to 600 mh/hps. First grow with this set up.

3 Likes

At some point im thinking of doing a 3 gal photo in my 2x2 with this setup, I’d like to see how much I can pull. Not sure how long I could veg but my first grow I did 3 plants in my 2x2 in 3x 2gal pots and I think I did a 5-6 week veg, got a lil crowded lol. Current plan is to get my medicine cabinet filled first. Im running 2x 2 gal pots with autos then roughly 30 days later dropping 2 more seeds.

2 Likes