"Yes, I really do need all these plants." 🤣 Autoflowers, photoperiods, bugs, breeding, & a Humboldt heirloom (journal)

I’m finally caught up! I think someone else shared this sentiment earlier in the thread but I love seeing someone grow in such a drastically different way than I do. This has been a great read! Your pineapple project sounds awesome. I’m also curious about your grapefruit/woodrose cross. Can’t wait to see more!

3 Likes

I feel the same - so much to learn from folks doing things differently, and so fun to see what they have going on! Your Kimdracula is a very pretty plant :heart_eyes::green_heart:

Glad to have you join the adventure here :slight_smile: there will be more about the pineapples in the future, and I’m getting my Humboldt x auto crosses grown up to make some autoflowers from them. Quite excited about that, though if I do get the fresh set of Humboldt seeds I want I’ll probably start over crossing them with something more like themselves. Or with Gabagoo. That could be seriously epic. I mixed them with a pineapple cross last time, and that’s nice, like the Grapefruit its a more sativa type. But the Humboldt is fascinatingly a very “indica” looking type, but has been bred to be a high thc yet functional daytime smoke. Maybe we need to just get on a plane and go down there to get me some seeds. :joy:

1 Like

Transplanting yesterday, thought I’d share my low-effort stress management.

Had to pull two more of the plants in the big (30g?) bag. These are my Pineapple #123 home cross female auto, a stress test winner with delightful bud, crossed with another home pineapple cross and also with a grapefruit photoperiod. 7 planted, 5 grew, culled two herms, and this is the removal a handsome male and one that appears to be a photoperiod, leaving just one gorgeous female auto to take over the pot.
Before removals:

First up, I pulled the male. I don’t need much pollen from him. Scooped him up, stuffed him in a small pot, cut off a bunch of branches so what he had left better matched his root system, he wilted a bit but I hosed him down and he perked up within a few hours. But I can do better than that when I’m trying. :wink:
Here’s the how to do it better:

1. Get the plant wet to stop the water loss from the leaves.
  2. Remove at least 20% of the plant / foliage to reduce water usage since it will lose at least that much roots.
  3. Make sure it’s still wet.
  4. Scoop it out - I did that the same as the male.
  5. Plant it in damp soil. I didn’t give the male any extra soil, but this one I planted nice and gently in a larger pot.
    (6). I waited a half hour or so in case she was going to wilt, and took this photo. No wilting. Hope to see her go into flower soon, now in 12/12.

The remaining girl got a thorough soaking and a foliar nute spray to combat the small root damages she received when her neighbors left.

The Lemon Pie x Ciskei are looking delicious :wink:

Three Awoken Dragon from @OnePassionateGrower have joined the party

And after an apalling (to me) attrition rate, these 6 Woodrose crosses are alive and growing to add some genetic diversity to my planned creation of a Woodrose autoflower. That will make 3-4 mothers from the Woodrose side.
12 Likes

Those are extremely limited and special to me. I know they’ll definitely do great for you. All had smelly stem rubs early on and all were keepers.
:dragon: :fire:

Phenomenal garden as usual Rain :100:
keep up the inspiring work. :grin: :call_me_hand:t2:

4 Likes

Sounds like I’ll need to take some clones before flowering them then. :smiley: Thanks for sharing! I didn’t drop all the seeds, it was 4, so only lost one. Just an fyi, they were slow poppers - I put 3 of the four into the soil still unpopped after a 24h soak.

2 Likes

I had the same thing happen took a few days but I promise oh soo worth it. They’re F2 I made, and I’m currently working on making F3s for the OG community.Promise you’ll see soon why they’re so special. :upside_down_face: :sparkles:

3 Likes

Not a complaint at all :smiley: just wanted you to know, wouldn’t want anyone to give up on them just because they didn’t all pop open on day 1. :green_heart:

3 Likes

Advice please, from some folks who do more photo plants than me, and the seed creators too of course - all of these are in 2.5 qt pots, moved up from solo cups. They’re pushing roots galore out the bottom. I need to know what to do. :laughing::rofl:

Specifically, in what order and timing to:
-Flip to flower
-Up pot again
-Take cuts (or not?)
-How big for the new pot, its organic soil and I prefer not to water more than 1x per day. I’d like to be able to train most of them to no more than 4’ tall.

Last time I flowered photos I left them in the 2.5qt pots. It was too hard to keep them fed and watered, and the result was an unsatisfying PITA. :wink::laughing:

The largest plants are Woodrose #28 x Grapefruit. @Upstate I know you said they wouldn’t grow much more, but I misread the pots and gave them 2.5qt not 1qt, they’ve recovered and appear ready to grow insanely large. I also now realize that perhaps you meant if I flipped to flower. They’re not sativa landrace thank goodness :wink: but both parents do enjoy 8’ out in the garden. Input very welcome. :laughing:

The smaller three with them are Mimosa from @Ris

The group with pink pots are Lemon Pie (auto) × Ciskei (sativa landrace) from @LoveDaAutos

9 Likes

1-3 gallon depending on space limitations,
take cuts once the plants looks healthy and about 1-2 feet tall preferably bigger, the healthier the plant healthier the cut. I found that 6in cuts work best to root out imo.Anything bigger than a solo cup to up pot will do lol You control the boat Rain, veg them out until your happy most people top 1 or 2x . I top and lollipop personally.When you flip just remember some plants grow 2-3x the size depending on strain so I’m sure some LST or HST is in order.If you’re going for 4ft then id flip em at about 1ft and a half tall and would top once at least before flip then tie her down a bit.When you flip Regs it takes 2-3 weeks to see sex fyi. Hope this helps :call_me_hand:t2: Happy Growing I know you got this and I know for a fact there’s hundreds of people within this beautiful community that can guide you in all the right directions. :100:
@RainToday

3 Likes

Here’s what the Dragon looks like the line is pretty stable no herms. :crossed_fingers:t2: :fire:

8 Likes

Thanks!
Thanks! That’s lovely bud :green_heart:

Yes, I’ve seen some crazy growth happen for other folks - even my 2.5qt babies doubled or tripled in size last time.

I actually already have preflower sex on all the Woodrose crosses, half female. :slight_smile: and the other two are fem seeds, so all good there.

Sounds like I’ve got some time before flip, but I’ll get them into their bigger pots soon. I mostly grow yet autos in 7-10 gallons, I’ll see what smaller things I’ve got out in the shed tomorrow.

2 Likes

I typically use the roots to tell me if I need to up pot with Females once I see they’re coming out the bottoms and sides I go bigger. I’m using 3-10 gal indoor currently.Once I go outdoor in a few weeks I’ll get some of your work going as well :evergreen_tree: :deciduous_tree: :partying_face:
You’re doing great regardless :star_struck:

3 Likes

Heya @RainToday really impressed how you manage your grow room
Plenty of different strain and variety of plants
Truly inspiring if i have the same space
Awesome topic :boom::fire::pray: :heart:‍:fire:

4 Likes

Awe, shucks! I like your little indoor setup - I always admire how clean other people can keep things! :smiley:
I hope you’ll tag me when you get to grow outdoor again, that’s something I wish I could do!

3 Likes

Reg Auto
Zamaldelica Express F5

I purchased an F4 regular seed packet from Night Owl, got a gorgeous and manly male and a fabulous and feminine female, and brought them together in a loving way to make some lovely seeds which I would like to share with this community. Thanks for making me welcome, and all the wonderful seeds!

Disclaimer: I estimate these are 99.5% pollinated by the Zamaldelica Express Male. Other pollen was in the house, so I wouldn’t stake my life on it.

You must be TL2 or more to receive seeds. If you have joined the site already but aren’t TL2 yet, you may message me after you get to TL2 to request seeds. I will probably still have some.

Put “F6” next to your name if you can plan to do a breeding run within the next 6 months, and I’ll send extra seeds. No, I won’t follow up. Just hoping to get some more made for the community from a decent gene pool. :blush:

Open worldwide, to anywhere that isn’t too harsh on seed rules. Let’s not get in Trouble.
Flags would be helpful if it’s not a safety/privacy concern for you.

Update: the first seeds have been getting ripe, so I’ve started sending them along to anyone I am sending other things to, and working my way down the list. I have a lot of your addresses already. I’ll message those I don’t when I get there, or feel free to volunteer your address at any time but if you’re not too stone :wink: do please change the message title to start with your name to help preserve my sanity.

OTW 1. @Mad_Barry :australia: F6
OTW 2. @Cloud9 :us:
OTW 3. @Rogue :belgium:
OTW 4. @LoveDaAutos :us: I’m a sucker for auto seeds!
OTW 5. @Gadarien :us_outlying_islands: + happy pineapple
OTW 6. @Illicitmango :us: F6/ should be fun
OTW 7. @Sbeanonnamellow :us:
OTW 8. @LzBoy :canada:
OTW 9. @JOHN1234 :us:
OTW 10. @Trimeresurus :us:
OTW 11. @Cormoran :us:
OTW 12. @Wizdom :green_heart:
OTW 13. @sunra108 :us: F6
OTW 14. @CaptainNemo :es:
OTW 15. @globalhead :india:
OTW 16. @GCC.Bud :de:
OTW 17. @Piter :es:
OTW 18. @pizza2 (tough auto seeds)
OTW 19. @OhNo555 :us:/F6
OTW 20. @Smooth :us:
OTW 21. @MyrtleGrounds :us:
Address plz 22. @Jhamersburg :us:
OTW 23. @420noob :us:
OTW 24. @mainerJ :us:
OTW 25. @luxton :canada:
OTW 26. @Pigeonman :canada: :metal:
Other 27. @AmnioticBaptism :us:
OTW 28. @GallacreekD66 :us:
OTW 29. @Villiager :eu:
OTW 30. @splinter7 :us:
Address plz 31. @Originalweedman F6 :us:
OTW 32. @jessethestoner f6 :canada:
OTW 33. @Crawfish :canada:
OTW 34. @Kasper0909 :us:
OTW 35. @hawkman :us:
OTW 36. @THCeed
Address plz 37. @Sincitytoker
OTW 38. @Abbbian
OTW 39. @FeloniousMonk
OTW 40. @Rhino_buddy
OTW 41. @Growgrassblowglass :us:
OTW 42. @IKEA22 :us:
OTW 43.@Wotcha :uk:
Address plz 44. @smokekulture :us:
Address plz 45.
OTW 46. @AppalachianBiscuits :us:
I think OTW 47. @Mrgreenthumb
Address plz 48.
Address plz 49.
Address plz 50.
No more.
:green_heart:
But if you’ve sent me seeds / pollen in the past for any reason, just send me your address and I’ll send you seeds. I’m reserving a nice pile for that act of gratitude.

Those are the first early bird seeds stuck to my finger and shiny with all the oily stickiness from the mom. She made a beautiful, spectacularly loud odor of maybe citrus & pine? Not classic cannabis. Very nice shape, healthy and large plant. Daddy was excellent too, light scent, good structure, very robust, hollow stem, made pollen for over a month. I finally euthanized him because I needed the bathroom pollen-free again. There are photos of both of them here in my grow journal.

Other pollen on site was all these, but I think only the home cross auto pollen actually made me seeds on the other plants.
Home Cross Pineapple Auto
Gabagoo F4
Supafreak (photo)
Black Lime Reserve X Berryfreak (photo)

I’ll be waiting another 2 weeks or more to harvest the bulk of the seeds, then a week or so to dry, but I expect it will take that long to get things ready for mailing. I think even if I had to cut the plant tomorrow I would have enough seeds for this signup, so I’m going forward with it.

46 Likes

Might want to ask @DougDawson to share his call list over here my friend

3 Likes

Hi @RainToday, thanks for putting these out there. I would love to do a seed run to F6 with these if I could. I was just about to purchase some Auto Zam fems from the UK for that very reason, but I would much prefer to work with your regs.

I’ve got my current seed run to finish up, so I would be looking at a late April/early May start, all things going to plan.

5 Likes

I was thinking a stealth op is more my style :wink: at least the first few days, it’ll give folks who regularly read my journal a chance to sign up first. Though everyone is free to do as they wish with tagging :green_heart::v::green_heart:

6 Likes

Delighted to help! Lmk in PM if I need to do anything special to discretely send you seeds. Otherwise for overseas it’ll be non-rattling flips or pucks in a card. Usually 3 will fit under an ounce, and if I’m spending the international stamp I like to make the most of it. :wink:

3 Likes

Those flowers look beautiful … :clap::clap::clap: :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

1 Like