**Great effective low cost design**

Hello everybody,

i want to share my growbox design which was really low cost and is really hardcore effective!

The whole point was to creace something that is not very noticeable so i kept smaller dimensions and at low cost is very productive

Box is made from drywall with some camouflage

Dimensions are 1x1,2 meter x 2 meters high which corresponds with basic drywall dimensions.

I made 2nd floor and low profile water tank for drip system with capacity about 90 litres

black material is pond liner 0,5mm thick on a basic wood contruction

6 Likes

Hi, it looks pretty solid! Did you used that drywall recommended for bathrooms?
Looking forward to more pictures of the setup!

1 Like

No, its standard white plates.

It was 1st setup of that kind and it is still holding after few years!

But if i want make it again i would choose green plates ( for bathrooms ) and red plate ( fireproof ) for top, where the ballast is.

Setup is made of :

ORCA reflection material
A-Wing Defender Medium ( which is same reflection quality as avenger! , only half of price)
TT vents 150 - 405/520 m3 ( running on 1st gear only )
Carbon Filter 420m3 ( max. 630 )
Osram Plantastar 600w
1x big fan

For testing purposes i bought UV 36W T5 tubes with 30% UVA , 6% UVB, later on i did not find any differences under UV tubes, even with chemical analysis…i will get to this later.

Rest of the setup is homemade DRIP system with two really cheap pumps
2500l/h and circulation pump 1000l/h
2 valves,2 knees,1 T-plug , 1 fast plug to water hose

combination of 2 valves and fast plug enables you to

Drain water, fill tank with water, circulate water and regulate water flow.

Top looks like a wood shed, thats because i´ve tried many combinations and positions with diff. vents and reflectors :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey guys did somebody made Kvakos box? I need to speak to him about it @Kvakos
If you will receive this message please can you tell me more about things you used on the bottom and how did you actually connected the boards? Will I be able to make a storie with a board? does it hold some weight also what do you think about Jidb in hpa setup? I was thinking about filtering that jidb and then use it with hpa. What do you think. I would really appreciate if you ellaborate more on that box. Thx man Also do you know about some rubbermaid like totes here in EU?

I’ve moved your post to Kvakos’s topic.

I don’t know about the boards (what exactly do you mean by that?). But if JIDB stands for Jungle in da box fertilizer, it is standard mineral nature nutrient (very similar to General Hydroponics or Advanced Hydroponics of Holland). There is no reason it shouldn’t work in High Pressure Aeroponics, it dissolves well (of course there can be some salt build up and you should check for it).

“rubbermaid like totes”… What do you mean by that?

@LemonadeJoe Thanks man, that helps a lot :))drywall walls of the box :slight_smile: I agree it stands for that and Im happy to hear that that you think it would work with hpa :slight_smile: I like their core idea to keep it simple yet effective for good cost and no need for 15 additives etc. Thats why I wanted to use it with drip clean from house and garden. I hope it will not mess with natural ingredients in jidb. By rubbermaid tote I meant equivalent to the bix heavy duty boxes which are used in us to create cloners, hpa boxes.
I was thinking about the ponds liner too but if it would cost the same I would pick the boxes:)
Btw Its great that the quality Jidb produces is comparable to GH or AH of Holland :slight_smile:

Maybe even better, i was usin AH for a long time, but with JIDB i am much more satisfied, i do not recommend mix JIDB with another fertilizers

Box is connected by little wooden boxes, you are able to see them on the photos ( hidden under ORCA, i use 3 boxes for 1 edge )

Thank you @kvakos I can see them now, I was thinking about connecting the drywall sides of the box in this way or by metal screw plugs for drywall, I was thinking about drilling the part between the drywall, in the middle between the gypsum sides, where the cardboard is and probably put some glue there and then gently connect the sides to the inserts with screws, Do you think thank might work ?

about Jidb, you do not recommend it mixing with other fertilizers, Do you think with the use in HPA system good filter would be enough to filter the sediments? I was thinking about some product like drip clean or something similar which should keep clogging away, but I talked to some professionals and they told me that filter is the most important think. What are your opinions about it, did you mean by not mixing it with another nutes, not to mix it with these dripclean products? When you compare nutes from metrop to jidb is there a huge differents in sediments?
Anyway thank you for your amazing posts, you are already legend for these valuable contributions man :wink:

1 Like

i dont have experiences with metrop.you should not mix with anythning with JIDB, you wont probably know what compounds another fertilizer has, so you could overdose some compounds

i dont have any exp. with HPA :confused: but i always use filters, you could too :slight_smile:

i dont know what do you think with that glue and so on :confused:

1 Like

Personally I’ve used Metrop few times and agree that dissolve it into solution is hard (they are very concentrated). That is why I prefer warm water for Calgreen dissolving. But I haven’t got any problems with it in drip or aero. Of course I’m using filters in drip and HPA. I think this shouldn’t be an issue.

you are right @Kvakos that might only hurt with the enzymes etc. What kind of filters do you use?
I was thinking about connecting the box with these little things on the sides http://www.samsadrokarton.cz/sites/default/files/13-hmozdiny_1.jpg, I dont get the idea of how you did it with the little wooden boxes, if you disassemble it few times, there will be holes all over so you would not be able to connect it again or Im I mistaken ? Would you please elaborate on the connections a little bit more please ? It would me much appreciated.

i cant imagine how exactly do you want to use that screws :smiley:

i used universal screws (golden) through the drywall to wooden box, you can dissamble it few times if you are careful or you can use standard metal pad under the screws head.

you can use L metal profile instead of wooden box with standard screws and nuts.

wanna stick them between the board, right in the middle of drywall so I would not damage the gypsum sides, hope you get me right now :slight_smile:
now I seems to got it right :slight_smile: I will use L metal profiles, btw do you use RO water or just plain tapwater ?
I like your drip system, do you think I can use big rockwool cubes for keeping mother that way. ? I want to run sog, but I need to keep mothers somehow, any idea on how to do it and still get fast growth?, preferably with easy pest control access and soiless :slight_smile: I was thinking about drip or ebb n flow, DWC (got a big spare pump) or lpa may be option too.I decided to go ebb n flow, can your setup with pond film be used this way too ? I think the only difference is that you have drip, or maybe Im something missing, It overheats my brain a little bit, Im trying to figure it out for ages :smiley:
Thank you @Kvakos

1 Like

One news to this cheap and easy setup that is worth the money IMHO.

Addind Far LED 730nm.

turning it on and off 10 min before and after switching main light. After few rounds i noticed shorter flower period about 4-6 days.

8 Likes

I’m gonna use far red too eventually, but it looks really nice that setup @Kvakos!

1 Like

Always make some anti-flood safety catch!!

No more flooded floors and so on. And it so simple!

5 Likes