0 out of 12 seeds germinated - what would you do? RESOLVED

That’s not unreasonable. Poor germ rates are one thing, 0/12 is I’d-like-a-refund territory.

7 Likes

I would message the breeder. There are a few that Ive seen would make it right.

3 Likes

Good thing to let them know, if they are somewhat legit theyd probably want to know a batch of seeds are possible duds. Otherwise they’ll just keep selling them not knowing.

4 Likes

0/12 would make me wonder if they didn’t get irradiated in the mail.

4 Likes

I had a similar thing happened, but ONLY 0 for 4. I contacted the breeder directly and he dropped some of his own to check on that batch. None popped for him either and he is replacing my seeds.
I don’t blame the breeder for seeing for himself. After all there are people out there that are not so honest and try to take advantage.

9 Likes

Also, we have a dedicated GLG thread for just this sort of post.

5 Likes

Trying to delete

1 Like

Just looked and the Bohdi packs are $70???

1 Like

Great Lakes Seeds is a good company.I would contact them and inform them of your situation.I am sure they will work to resolve your issue bro.

3 Likes

You just gotta be patient with Dbj and don’t get aggressive. He’s a good dude but dealing with lots of people so be cool and patient. Nine fold is a good dude too.

15 Likes

Like @Pakore said, contact the breeder if you have their info. I had a pack of Dream Beaver that didn’t sprout, not a one, and I contacted Bodhi directly. He ended up sending me a pack of Silver Mountain, a pack of Pinball Wizard and a pack of Cherry Trance, which was not necessary at all. Those Dream Beaver seeds were at least three years old when I planted them and probably older than that.

If the breeder has any integrity at all, they should happily replace your seeds.

6 Likes

I’ve had an old pack of seeds go 2 out of 10 was lucky to get 1 male and a very nice lady made seeds all ended well

I’ve heard great things about GLG
Like all have said just stay cool if nothing goes your way oh well next

4 Likes

Yes, I am aware of that thread, thanks for pointing it out, but this wasn’t about them 100%, or Ninefold for that matter, it was more about the situation etc., it could be any seed bank or any breeder and that has the possibility of happening, I was just tossing out to the hive mind asking for their thoughts on what to do and how to deal with it. I have done a lot of business with GLG and DBJ and Dave, and I know they are good people to deal with (aside from one other issue with them and some PTGush seeds that I ordered from them of @Tonygreen 's amazing genetics that was marked as a BOGO in their URL but I got only one pack, and that was never resolved, so I am not 100% convinced that GLG will take care of it, but hopefully Ninefold will, but if not it’s just a lesson learned). I am patient, and am not really that upset over it actually, life is too short to get worked up over a dozen seeds.

8 Likes

@monkeyman first sorry for the loss, second same thing happened to me on a seedsman order, I let them know, it was like it must of been irradiated or some other thing in the post. anyways they sorta tried to make it right ,they offered me seedsman seeds one for one to replace other breeders more expensive stuff. so then i quit dealing with seedsman, i also emailed all the breeders and let them know, two of the breeders wanrted to replace the seeds,but i said no it wasnt there fault.

4 Likes

you have a good head on your shoulders,that kinda thing sets me off,like a rocket, then i say and do stupid things

2 Likes

That was nice of seedsman to make up for it in some way, but I am sure it was also disappointing when you had your taste buds set on growing out a certain strain. I wanted to cross the Govt. Cheese with the Garlic Grove I have been growing to make some Cheesy Garlic - seems like a natural. Hopefully I can get some other cheese seeds or pollen while I have this strain going, but if not it’s just one of those things.

2 Likes

Good luck , you know what your after, while i have no clue. I hope you can find what you want! Seedsman wasnt to bad, but i had no luck with them, very first overseas order was with them it got snagged at customs. then the next order was the one where outa 60 some seeds only like 4 germinated, they kinda tried,but i was out like about $550 at this point.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the post that is quoted in the GLG thread is is an old one. GLG did have them at $60/pack and buy 2 get 1 free on the last Bodhi drop though. They must have gone back to $70/ in the last few days. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

4 Likes

had to have I just looked at there sight about a week ago they were 60 2 for 1 bohdi

3 Likes

Sixty bucks, seventy bucks, either way, that’s pretty dang cheap.

1 Like