2020 Grab Bag: Mephistos & More

Looks good man, buds from top to tail.

3 Likes

Figured I’d update before midnight this time. I hit them with 3/4 strength Fish Emulsion and GO Calmag a few days back.

Chopped males: Texada Skunk x C99, NL x C99, Lolipurps. Fire Alien Kush x BLSR looking suspect (boo), NL x Haze hasn’t shown. Most of the stuff containing US genetics is fem, happy about that.

A bit of yellowing down low, should slow after Gaia Green kicks in it takes a bit. Could have gone 70:30 all purpose to bloom.

JOTI Lemon Skunk male (in solo cup):

Not exactly sure how to handle the male for pollen collection, my first shot at it. Anyone have some tips for that ?

9 Likes

Double Grape weighed in at 69g trimmed and dried.

A few pics of 3 Bears OG.

16 Likes

Too bad about those lemon skunks. Helluva lineup you’ve got going though!!!
I use that gaia green 4.4.4…love it.
Good looking garden, bro!!!

4 Likes

Top 5 nicest Autoflower I’ve ever seen, excuse me. What’s that? Oh okay, I will let him know. The judges in my head just got together and said yes it is the nicest. :1st_place_medal:

3 Likes

That double grape looks like the shit…in a good way. Nice job. How does it smoke? I’d love to find a strain that has a strong grape Kool aid taste

2 Likes

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words. I put a good amount of thought and effort into this little tent. Thanks to Mephisto too for the damn good autos.

@Bullskinner It’s nice potent hashy smoke, I’d describe as a sativa leaning hybrid- relaxing and gets the brain going but not sketchy. Harvest was on the early side. Can’t help on flavor it all just tastes like smoke to me.

I had 3/4 of a joint and walked for a few hours through the suburbs to think about life tonight. Can’t say I’ve got it all figured out quite yet… But a few things make a little more sense and it’s all a bit more manageable.

6 Likes

Had a sample of 3 Bears OG, wow super relaxing happy couch times and very smelly.

And in the tent…

Put a runty C99 clone in to replace males.
Blew some Lemon Skunk pollen around, maybe a few seeds will show up.
Black Dosi Fire very stretchy, went a bit heavy on supercropping.
NL x Haze has kind of an odd look to it.
FAK x BLSR trying to grow as wide as it is tall.

Will try to get a few pics of the outdoor plants next time, they are enjoying the sun.

11 Likes

Not much going on this week. Supercropped Haze x C99 to flatten the canopy. Top dressed 1:3 all purpose to bloom.

At this point Useful Seeds are the most vigorous. JOTI has most frost.

Family photo.

Sunny Diesel would make a nice SOG, stick of buds all the way up.

A few seeds forming here and there.

8 Likes

Wow those mephistos turned out beautifully.

Did you collect any pollen yet? I’m not super experienced but you can put a sheet of parchment under the plant and let it drop onto that. You probably don’t want a crazy fan on it or anything so the pollen will all fall in the area under the plant.

4 Likes

I chopped the males when the pollen started to drop then shook them around the tent a bit. Will try for better collection next time.

2 Likes

Cool you’ll get a bunch of seeds from that for sure.

3 Likes

The outdoor stuff in a mix of Promix HP / Veg & Herb with Gaia Green, bit of fish emulsion. Looks like the stretch is on.

Nex Gen Timewarp, nice lemon scent.

Mephisto Fugue State, very sticky and pungent.

Female Seeds C99, bit scraggly.

They only get 1/2 day sun here, probably wont yield much but I don’t mind. I just like to watch them grow.

9 Likes

Going into week 6 indoors, things are starting to get interesting.

Haze x C99 left, God’s AK-47 right.

Black Dosi Fire has the most frost by a long shot:

NL x Haze & C99 up front are a few weeks behind.

9 Likes

Start of week 8. I top dressed with 1tbs/gal Gaia Green Power Bloom.

Gave them a shot of Megacrop last week hoping to fight fading & dropping lower leaves. Was a bit too much N, seeing some claws.

Blackened Oranges & Black Dosi Fire look like they could come down in a week. At least 2-3 for the rest.

Fire Alien Kush x Black Lime

Haze x C99

God’s AK47

Blackened Oranges, heavy feeder

Black Dosi Fire

Sunny Diesel

14 Likes

Chopped Blackened Oranges @ 55. Pretty chunky and smells delicious.

Black Dosi Fire

Sunny Diesel

Fire Alien x Black Lime, Haze x C99, God’s AK

15 Likes

Great looking plants, very healthy for this stage IMO. Nice job!

Looking forward to the smoke report for the blackened oranges :+1:

2 Likes

Day 67, just Sunny Diesel, Black Dosi & NL x Haze left to go. I’ll try to reveg most of these, if they pass the smoke test.

Getting lazy, guess they like the Gaia Green…

Black Dosi Fire, super dense

Sunny Diesel, long and leafy

NL x Haze, weird looking thing but smells amazing

Fire Alien Kush x Black Lime, chopped @ 67

runt C99 clone no veg, chopped @ 57

Haze x C99, chopped @ 64

God’s AK47, very hairy, chopped @ 64

I usually chop when trichs are mostly milky and just a hint of amber shows up.

Oh and I did get a few seeds to play with from the preflowers. My first chuck.

Initial impression of Blackened Oranges… really nice daytime smoke. Strong orange peel aroma on this one with average potency. A bit relaxing and a bit more motivating but not speedy. Smooth sailing and good for getting things done, which is perfect for me. Easy grow and trim, fast flower, tons of bag appeal.

Double grape is strong and a bit too racey for me most of the time. Aroma is hard to pin down but I’d say it’s like sweet candy with a hint of pine. Friends love it, more comments on this than anything else I’ve grown by far.

3 Bears OG is more of my style than DG, if I’ll be on the couch. Deeply relaxing but not stupefying. Cured out to a beautiful lemon fuel smell.

That pretty much wraps this one up. I’ll do more smoke reports eventually, haven’t been smoking much lately. Have some Beanhoarder gear in solo cups coming up next.

15 Likes

Excellent work, nice journal and buds! :+1:

3 Likes

Beautiful work @smokenhike :v::v: that sunny diesel and black dosi fire look amazing :heart_eyes:

1 Like