2020 Grab Bag: Mephistos & More

Nice reports man, thanks for sharing! Sorry to hear about the PM…

That special reserve sounds awesome :+1:

3 Likes

Going into week 6 of flower. Top dressed 2 bloom 1tbs grow / gallon last week, a bit strong.

Some PM and spots of bud rot going on now. Avg temp 75 humidity 45 nothing crazy. I had the outdoor crop in baggies on the tent intake to control smell, problems may have started here.

One Congo x SSH was throwing nanners so I chopped that and culled the smaller auto as well. Bit of a challenging grow.

What’s left, with more room to breathe.

Clones are looking better now. Feeding 4g/gal megacrop, calmag, silica in coco. I forgot how fast they grow in coco, damn.

Snipped a top of Congo x F13 by mistake. Really fruity.

Popped a few beans as well… Was hard to choose, so many beans so little space.

OG Gear:

• OGer
  • Orange Goji F2
  • UBC Chemo F2

My own stuff:

• JOTI Lemon Skunk x (Useful Fire Alien Kush x Black Lime)
  • Female Seeds C99 x Neighbor Bagseed
  • Next Generation Timewarp x Neighbor Bagseed

I kind of like the sound of OGer x Orange Goji. Goji-er ? It might happen.

Going back to coco next round. Planning to run the tent a bit less crowded after a bit of aggressive culling and a good bleach spray down.

7 Likes

Well I chopped the Red Congo crosses a bit early. Smoke testing this week.

The next round & congo clones. I popped way too many.

They took some abuse when I was away for vacation. Orange Gojis are the most vigorous (and hungry) so far.

Stock solution of Megacrop is working out OK, certainly is convenient. Plants seem a bit hungry compared to the equivalent dry dose, but that could be partly related to the cold, dry conditions.

9 Likes

Looking good, I think they may need bigger cups soon :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah they need new shoes you’re right, was trying to hold off until they sex. I have a bad habit of running pots that are too small =/

2 Likes

Same here, I try and keep them in the cups until I can sex them but they always get deficiencies a couple of weeks before showing sex, as I use soil with organic ferts it takes a couple of weeks for that to start working.

So I try and give them enough to stay healthy but usually end up burning them :roll_eyes: I should really up pot to 1 liter pots but then I have to pull out a lot of soil in my 10 gal pots once I know which are the girls.

My Ogers are going well, the Sour Diesel x Snow lotus are a bit more finiky. Getting good male to female ratios 1 male to 3 females atm.

2 Likes

Beautiful babies. When you grow indoor and find a strain that can take some less than ideal conditions then you have a keeper for a couple of runs

2 Likes

@Shadey I had similar problems in Gaia Green amended soil, after they burned through the initial amendments in the small cup it’s a struggle to get them fed right via top dressing, until transplant. Fish emulsion helped. OGers are the fussy ones in my tent !

@Trashcanman thanks for stopping by. I had a nice C99 mom for a year and a bit, haven’t found something that checks the right boxes since though.

I transplanted into 1/2 gallon grow bags and switched over to some GH Flora Trio that was on the shelf. Felt like switching it up from the various dry powders.

Starting to come around now…

I’m calling the Megacrop stock solution a failed experiment. They were deficient but also clawing on the equivalent to my usual dry dose.

Orange Goji F2s quite hungry. Structure wise, this is the one I’m most interested in growing. (2 back left & back right)

OGers are pretty stout, not happy with my care thus far. (front left & back mid right)

My chuck of Lemon Skunk x (Fire Alien x Black Lime) is strong too, very wide and branchy like the FAxBL mom was. That one was really loud, wonder if it’ll carry though. (front middle left)

The C99 x Some Shit The Neighbor Grew are looking best overall. (2 front right)

I’m kind of thinking 2 plants LST or SCROG in the 2x4 vs the usual jungle. Maybe get the drippers set up. Will be tricky to choose who get a spot to flower.

7 Likes

Down to just Orange Gojis and pollen chucks… now a more reasonable number in the veg tent.

PM was hitting the Congo clones pretty hard again, trashed 'em, too susceptible. Unfortunate, the smoke is good. Probably everyone else is infected too. OGer was still looking funky after the rest perked up, will have to take another shot at that one later.

They are on GH’s Flora Trio DTW chart “late growth” dose + calmag, slightly diluted. Around 700 PPM.

Gojis in back. C99 - Lemon Skunk - C99 crosses in front.

Bleached out the flower tent, cleaned the vent screens and light traps.

Still haven’t decided what to flower. Best Goji & 2 chucks ? Pair of Goji ? Shot in the dark F2 the C99 x Neighbor ? Dunno :thinking:

6 Likes

Got them transplanted into 2.5 gallons, topped, and into the flower tent. No signs of PM so far.

Out of the grow bags. They went in just 8 days ago.

Lemon Skunk x FA x BL | Orange Goji | C99 x Neighbor

Couple pics of the last crop. Smokes pretty nice for an early harvest.

Red Congo x SSH, hits right in the brain

@Mr.Sparkle’s Poisoned Rose x Cookie Devil. There is a nice sweet musky aroma on this one and it’s very mellow relaxing smoke. Would like to redo this one in coco on a proper light schedule.

9 Likes

Rigged up a SCROG net. Never tried it before, we’ll see how it goes.

Orange Goji | Lemon Skunk x FA x BL | C99 x Neighbor

Until this run I was pushing air through a 6" fan on a variac into a big filter sitting beside the tent. That setup was quiet with a lot of airflow. It was raising the ambient temps/humidity a lot though, warm air flows out of the filter in all directions in the small room, and also circulates right back into the tent vents.

I don’t trust the tent to hold the weight of the big fan and filter mounted inside, so this run I’m pulling through a small filter inside the tent with the exhaust duct on the roof pointing towards the open door to the hallway. I was running an OpenBSD PC as a router in the room too, turned that off for something with less power/heat also.

Seems to be working well, the room is cool and temps/humidity are more stable. Dips are tent open. Spike to 83 is with the door to the room closed and gaming PC on. Fan was turned down last few days, so humidity is up a bit.

6 Likes

Well here we are 7 weeks from sprout. Flipped them this week.

Ran out of calimagic, and just wasn’t happy with how they were looking on the GH trio + GO calmag. Back to Megacrop now 5g / gal no stock solution, they seem happier. Trying to use what I’ve got on hand.

They’re quite hungry for mag… This is maybe the 3rd run on this recycled coco and I forgot to buffer it. I’ve been doing some epsom foliars at 1tsp / L and adding 1/4 - 1/2 tsp / gal to the feed.

Filling in the janky screen fairly well.

Conditions are ok. Could use a bit more heat.

Enjoying the SCROG so far.

4 Likes

Hey it’s 2021… let’s hope this one goes a bit better.

Day 16 of flower, things are looking good. Feeding every day or two by hand. 24g Megacrop, 2tsp epsom in 5 gallons then diluted a few quarts to ~900ppm (including ~150 from the tap).

I would buy a screen next time, but DIY gets the job done

Removed everything under the screen. Orange Goji on the left, nice looking plant but not as stretchy

Humidity was a bit high until I cut the lower leaves. Dehumidifier could be a good investment. Plus the room could be closed to get the temps up a bit.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope 2021 treats you well !

5 Likes

Looking great there smokenhike. You sound like you mess with the doors and windows like I do to keep the temps good :wink:

Nice stable weather temps here for last week and the next 2, just hovering around 0 C. I am getting away with not having to run my extractor fan, which allows a good max temp of 26c lights on and 22C lights off. Having to add a bit of CO2 to compensate for no air exchange though.

Thanks Shadey, appreciate it. Yeah, there’s not a ton of grow space and the HVAC is pretty weak here… need to get a bit creative to keep environment in check. Kind of fun to tinker around with anyway.

Similar weather here. Wish the snow would stick around for a few weeks at least.

1 Like

We got 8 inches of snow yesterday, it turned to rain half way through and then back to snow, and froze overnight :angry: can’t use the snow blower on it easily, going to break a few stress bolts on the blades I think today especially at the end of the drive where the ploughs pile it all up.

2 Likes

Going into week 6. Feeding 20g Megacrop, 10g epsom per 5 gals.

PM again this round. The cost of an over stuffed tent and poor environmental control I guess. I just want to grow them all, dammit !

I added another fan and bought a dehumidifier, hoping to keep the bud rot at bay at least. High PH water is slowing the PM.

Overloaded. Goji - Lemon Skunk - C99.

Orange Goji F2. PM loves it. Likes to sprawl out. Smells like really dank fruit candy.

Lemon Skunk x Black Lime Reserve x Fire Alien. Could have easily filled the whole tent with this one it’s super branchy and vigorous. Not as bad for PM. Lots of citrus fuel coming through. Looks like a winner.

C99 x Neighbor. Hope neighbor was smoking the good shit when he found his bagseeds and pollinated the whole neighborhood. Not much frost, not much PM. Smells nice, musky pineapple C99 type smell.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by. I’ll keep this thread open until harvest, after that it’s time to put the 2020 thread to sleep.

4 Likes

Day 42F.

I’ve been spraying potassium bicarbonate on the PM @ 1tbs/gal. Works better to slow it down than anything else I’ve tried.

Orange Goji

Lemon Lime Alien

C99 Neighbor

The Lemon Skunk chuck and accidental C99s are looking pretty decent. Going to get some coin flips & hose washers to send some out via the Pass-It-Along program I think.

7 Likes

That lemon lime alien is going to be amazing!

1 Like