4th Grow Mystery Seed

I live in a dry place as well, I whole plant hang for 10 days at about 35-50% humidity. Leaving the plant whole slows down the drying and let’s it actually cure. From there I remove the nugs from the main stems, pull off all big fans and any water leaves while leaving anything with sugar. Then I put them in jars for a day or two, empty the jars on a screen and allow to dry a few hrs, final trim and back into the jars. Burp as normal. My bids are always good smelling and tasty You can get jar top hydrometers, I have a couple that I swap jar to jar to check.

2 Likes

Hm…well @Dr_Jekyll i did some of that right this time around! I just took off my fan leaves and hung it up…with my second humidifier i put in about two hours ago I’m at 60% humidity so I’m just going to check and refill humidifiers everyday till they’re dry enough I’m looking to dry for about 10 to 14 days I’ll try a jar like you said jar it up lay it out for a few hours final trim and then for burping you do twice a day? Maybe I’ll get a pocket hygrometer to throw in the jars to get a reading

Thanks for the advice mighty mighty helpful

Day three of drying and it smells like a mixture of freshly cut evergreen tree and hay or grass

Maybe I’m just tweakin because this is my best grow yet and i want smokeable buds.

But the environment in my tent is a steady 60% humidity temps fluctuate from the mid 50s to the mid 60s I’ve got a 4inch exhaust on the lowest speed and 2 4 inch clip on fans for circulation nothing is blowing directly on the buds just around them im doing a dry trim to help slow down the drying once my smallest bugs are done I’m going to jar them leave em for 48 hours then lay them out for a few hours from and jar to cure. Next run I’ll be drying with sealing up the tent and using a dehumidifier on low to pull moisture out of the buds.

This way I’ll be trying out @Fisch ‘s method and @Dr_Jekyll ‘s Method thanks for the advice

When i started i was nervous about the growing process…now I’m nervous about drying and curing. I’ve set goals and i achieved them.

My first Grow goal was to grow a plant : check (it turned out to be male so no harvest)

Second grow goal grow a plant and harvest : check

3rd goal was to grow a plant with minimal problems learn super cropping and harvest some decent looking bud :check

This grow my 4th grow was to grow a plant with minimal problems and perfect LST and super cropping and harvest smokeable decent looking bud : half check

Lolol the plant had some problems i couldn’t figure out I’m confident in my knowledge that I’ve done what i could with the things i had on hand which only seemed to slow the problem not fix it and idk if I’m going to have good smelling tasty fruits I’m doing what i can and that’s all i can do :confused: keeping fingers crossed
I’ll update on drying then final product thank you everyone for your advice and tips

2 Likes

Don’t trip on the hay smell, as long as you are not drying in less than 7 days it will fade to funk when it jar cures. It’s crazy how fast the fresh cut funk fades to hay, but don’t fret! As long as you are 10-15 days of hang without total dry out, the smell will return.

@Jaybeezy23

2 Likes

I get you man :slight_smile: The learning procces is amazing. As sou Said. The curing is what you fear the most In the end :smiley:
conditions look good :slight_smile: But I would let only one circulation fan ON… I dont use any fan :smiley: or do it like this: first there days 2 fans. Then turnoff one fan and there days later turnoff the second fan and let them hang and cure :slight_smile: good luck, keep growing! :muscle:

2 Likes

Right on! I filled my humidifiers and turned off a circulation fan i squeezed a bud sugar leaves have a slight crunch but my stems are still flexible usually by now my nugs are fully crunchy and i ruined the drying

But the stank on my fingers after the squeeze is phenomenal :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

About a week before harvest i was putting my plant away and a cola snapped off FREE SAMPLES for me lmao anyway that hung for 3 days and had been in a jar for about a week and a half and the smell is coming around!
@Fisch

2 Likes

Glad to hear that :heart_eyes: the quality is deffinetly there! why humidifier? :thinking:

What about your next grow? Any plans? :blush:

1 Like

Humidifier cuz otherwise my shit dries in 3 days and yeah lol Then it’s ruined

But I’m gna try your way of drying and curing next run hangin em seal off the tent and put a dehumidifier in there i wasn’t able to get a dehumidifier so im workin with what i got haha

Hmmmm next run I’m going to be taking off till probably after January to save up for a new light I’m going back to my homeland for Christmas and then my birthday is January and I’m goinf to do some more research on the nectar nute line i also have a few more nute supplements by nectar i wanna use along with a new bag of soil nectar #4. I’m going full nectar lol

i also wanna get a good fem seed

Or use some free seeds im getting from fellow comrades but I’m probably going to get quantum boards because that right now is probably one of the main things holding me back from getting a bigger yield @Fisch

1 Like

Yessss the Light will deffinetly get you better and bigger buds :blush: you should deffinetly Think about solstrip Lights :blush: maybe good christmas present? :joy: Just saying because now is special offer free shipping which is really nice.

Check it out. Solstrip LED lightning: product info on OG

1 Like

Well here’s the thing about me and lights lmao yeah is basic electrical stuff but when it comes to the light it’s giving off and any specs about that I’m lost :joy: i say QB cuz i know what i need to cover my 2x4 but i did check out for a few mins just to see what they are.

I guess my question is what are the pros and cons of each light (homework i gotta do) but what makes you say sol strips over anything else LED in your personal experience @Fisch i keep forgetting to tag you :joy::joy:

1 Like

for literally a dollar a watt with plug and plantations available and the amount of brightness and area they cover… you just can’t beat @Baudelaire and those strips

2 Likes

Thanks for dumbing it down @toastyjakes lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My humidifiers ran out of water sometime last night opened the tent to 30% RH and my sugar leaves are crunchy as fall leaves i turned off my second circulation fan now i just got two humidifiers and an exhaust fan…should i turn than off in a few days and let my humidifier with a hygrometer keep humidity at 60% for the rest of the dry?

Well I dont have experinces with low humidity dryening :expressionless: or I dont even know :joy: but many people on YouTube Said that its Just wrong to try add moisture to the Buds with humidifier. Thats why I use the closed up technique Where I seal my tent and Just wait :joy: bit yeah. Humidifier will help I guess :blush: for slower dryening :blush: or do my technique now when you are half way dried. Turn everything off and close the tent. Lets see if humidity will raise :blush:

Ehhhhhhh @Fisch IM SCARED lol
They’re already pretty dry and for drying with a humidifier it’s not like my buds are dry and I’m putting moisture in the air so they get less dry again

Idk if it makes a difference but if I’m making my RH at 60% so going in the tent they’re well over 60% cuz they’re wet so by making the RH so high the moisture in the bud is being evaporated much less quickly opposed to if i didn’t have a humidifier in there and 6 days later still drying my buds would turn to dust with a slight breeze

But i did take off some smaller buds on lil stems they got a good stank to them with the understank of hay :joy::joy: lemme tell ya it’s the first time I’m smelling actual weed from my buds other than hay so I’m feeling good about this

this is the biggest bud of my small buds that were ready

2 Likes

I have reason to believe the strain i grew was cherry pie i say that because the purple came out at the end assuming that’s the GDP genetics it’s got a sweet and sour smell with a hint of grassy hay (still curing) my total yeild was 60grams
I made cannabutter with the trim and popcorn nugs then made brownies (classic) lol total success i thought i over decarbed the plant matter giving it a vaped weed smell and taste i think i was on the boarder of ruining it.
EITHER WAY i ate a brownie and was like damn this was a failure hour and a half after that thought you could blind fold me with dental floss :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Here’s the final product

I shall return with a new diary in February maybe March i am going to save up for better lighting and more nectar nutes like persophones palate mega Morpheus and titans trawl along with nectar #4 soil

I’m not messing around next grow you’ll see :wink:. @cannabissequoia 1 or 2 of your seeds will be used for my organic run I’ll be tagging you in the new diary once i get up and running again.

I’ll be on lurking and posting thanks for everyone’s generosity but this concludes my mystery seed diary

5 Likes