A thought on bonsai moms

Hi fellow growers,recently I’ve been thinking of this:what if I grow my First photo plant insider my autos tent and keep It lower to give less light,use It to make clones,move It away from tent just behind my Windows or a box with small led and flowering clones in the autos tent?
Could this work?
Also,I use Coco,but It seems soil Is Better to keep a bonsai moms right?
Any thought accepted :pray:

5 Likes

Bonsai mothers are great, you want them to be shrubby with lots of tips anyway, you can prune them hard both up top and roots as well and they will recover. The only thing is you want light on them or they will stretch, so wherever they go they still need to get enough to keep them bushy.

Coco or soil, both will work.

5 Likes

Here is a good thread to reference.

6 Likes

I have a 50w led panel,can I go lower for Energy saving or not? I Plan for a solo Cup/500ml container to take clones and flower It with my standard autos
Thank @CruJones for the link,I visited this thread once.It s a Gold mine.

I wouldn’t go lower than 50w for a few moms. That’ll cover a couple sq ft. I use a 300W cmh in the winter months and a 150w led for my 3x3 mom tent as a point of reference.

2 Likes

I Plan to keep Just One mom in a small and low cabinet/tent,so 50 should do It quite good with this as reference

1 Like