Acapulco Gold Repro

That sure would be easier haha. Either way, great project and can’t wait to see how they turn out.

1 Like

@lambchopedd
I bought a couple packs of you MDS a while back. Donated a pack in the veterans giveaway. Whoever got them oughta be happy.
Possible for an outside grow this spring for the other pack. I will be watching this one. Be interested in the differences in plants and growing techniques between you and @JohnnyPotseed

5 Likes

My dad always talked about this strain when I was younger, and still mentions it here and there. Would love to grow this for him eventually, hes 67 and not in the best of shape.

6 Likes

Nice!
Honesty, I’m pretty happy with what I’ve seen so far in the MDS. I flipped them when they were small, and in the last 2-3wks they not only shot up but they spread out. I’ll take and post some pictures sooner rather than later so everyone can get an idea of what I’m seeing. There really beautiful plants, man

Plus I’m happy that I’m one of the first to grow the ones that I made out. That way if I find any problems, I can make it be known instead of people finding out the hard way.

9 Likes

lol @BigMike55 ! what you trying to do? Turn this into competition growing? I’m not growing these to get big fat buds, I’m doing a preservation/seed run… I will be taking some clones in another week or two, and those will be for the buds lol Some indoors and some outdoors for comparison.

Not trying to ‘hijack’ your thread @lambchopedd but here’s a current pic of my 6 AG. I LST’d 2, left 2 natural, and fem’d 2.

28 Likes

@lambchopedd I didn’t know you were running some AG also. I got notice when @BigMike55 tagged me lol
I’ll just sit over here on the side with @misterbee and watch how it goes for you. How long do you plan on vegging, before flipping?

10 Likes

Haw haw. I think @lambchopedd is running for seed as well.
I was not trying to make a competition thing. Just thought you might like to see another grow featuring AG, that’s all. Hope I didn’t put you on the spot.

10 Likes

Same & same!

Anything you add isn’t a hijack, brother. It’s all love over here.

4-8wks veg… hoping for preflowers or an alternating node or two. I’ve seen these things get WILD, but I wanna keep them tame.

13 Likes

I know they can get big lol But I’m still going to let mine go at least 3 months before I flip em

14 Likes

yeah ive got a few ag vegging now probably 3weeks old theyre stretching but all branching is even at the nodes all the way up. Long legs on mine.

6 Likes

Looking forward to this grow. Nice amount of genetic material to look at. Should find some special phenotypes for sure! I’d be very happy to trade you for some of these when you’re done.
I don’t think you’re going to get any preflowers until the lights have been flipped to 12-12 around 30 days or so, but @leffthandseeds would know better than I would.

8 Likes

they take that long to trigger flower? Didnt know that im at 1/3 max height on some now. I might want to clone n flip mine now then

4 Likes

One of my favorites songs.

Thank you for doing this @lambchopedd

7 Likes

Oh hell no lol I was joking cuz! Of course I’m interested to see how the AG goes lol

1 Like

Acapulco Gold should usually show pistils at 2-3weeks after flipping to 12/12. Outdoors they’ll normally start showing when daylight hits 14/10.

14 Likes

That’s a great Dad gift idea. He would love it. :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Somehow I missed your message, sorry. Yes you’ll definitely want to flip very quickly if you are losing your height. These can be tall. I keep sativas in small containers until about 30 days+ into flowering. Usually one gallon size works for this method. Keeps the plants short. @JohnnyPotseed thanks. 2-3 weeks to sex is very fast for a Sativa. Didn’t know they could show so quickly.

5 Likes

Yeah. I flipped them few days ago. They are definately growing lik crazy. Im thinking maybe i can throw scrog net in tent and use it to help keep them lower. They are real vinelike. Long limbs. Clones from the acapulco seem to be kicking roots real fast though. I took 4-5 clones of each plant so i can run the females in a seperate tent without pollen

7 Likes

Seeds and smoke. Sounds like you’ll have your cake and get to eat it too.

8 Likes

That’s for a more mature plant cuz, if you flip at just 3-4 weeks, they’ll continue to veg a lot longer than usual.

5 Likes