Acapulco Gold Repro

I’m gonna hitch a ride and tag along as well, that is if you don’t mind :v:t4:

3 Likes

How are things going in here lately.?

2 Likes

Slow.

Roots are peaking out the bottoms of the solos, but not much growth up top. I’m debating on whether I should flip them soon and just hope they take off…
I’m also trying to figure out whether the slow growth is genetic or grower-error. If it’s grower-error, I may have remedied the issue (lower temps) — I say that because one yellowing fan has purple tips.

Needless to say, all looks happy enough.

8 Likes

To flip them before at least 6 weeks isn’t going to do anything cuz… They’ll just finish their veg cycle under HPS or red/budding spectrum, instead of under MH or blue vegging spectrum… But hey, do as you will cuz, that’s just MHO

3 Likes

I know.

Which is why I said I was debating and would just “hope” they took off. But flipping them would mean they’d be moved to a flowering tent; i.e a more dialed-in environment & higher intensity light.

@JohnnyPotseed

4 Likes

Here’s a question: I know in listening to Bob Hemphill’s interviews that the Panama Red that he did a preservation of with Coastal Seeds turned out to have a surprisingly high CBD content. I wonder if more heritage strains like the AG that people now say might be less potent or whatever might actually have similarly more broad cannabanoid spectrums. I’ve never tried either so I’m curious if some of the older more experienced heads might have an opinion on the matter. I’m lookin at you @JohnnyPotseed i know the AG is your jam

4 Likes

I’m sorry lol that isn’t what you said, so I misunderstood I guess. ‘Flip’ to me always meant putting the plant into budding cycle … as in changing the lighting to the red/flower spectrum.

oh wait, that’s what you’re doing lol ok I refer you to my earlier post cuz. Like i said, you the captain of this boat, lol I’m just a sightseer.
Are you meaning to pt them into the budding tent and change the light spectrum to a more conducive color? … say like maybe the blue spectrum?

2 Likes

I’ve heard that often cuz I think you’re right there as far as the older landrace/heirloom strains having a wider range of the many different levels of chemicals like Delta 8, delta 9 THC and CBD, CBN, CBG etc

4 Likes

Might mean I need to work on getting over my fear of sativas to check some of these older varieties out. Here we are trying to mash CBD cultivars into all these modern genetics for some good mellow herb and the old timers smoke prolly had what we wanted in there all along. It weren’t broke, but we sure as fuck fixed it no?

8 Likes

it’s all about the looks, smells, and tastes now cuz the hell with what it does… everything else is being bred outta that ‘nasty tasting old school stuff’ lol
Enter the age of ‘pretty weed’

Designer, boutique weed lol

4 Likes

@lambchopedd I hope I read that wrong cuz

they’re still in solo cups? And you’re talking about flipping them already?!
Please, go back up to post 45 in this thread, they are only a couple weeks older than yours.
Post a pic for us to see, please…

The last pic you posted for us to see was 11 days ago, and they’re still in solo cups?

1 Like

You sound uptight ”cuz”… maybe smoke some AG? That might help your attitude.

First off, LEDs. You act like I can’t pot them up at any time. I hope these AGs turn out as dense as you! :yum:

2 Likes

lol I’m sorry if I ruffled yer feathers there cuz! I’m honestly not trying to troll you…so have a nice day cuz lol
peace. I’m outta here
but shaking my head all the way :rofl: :rofl: :+1:
thread muted

1 Like

Not sure how I missed this thread but I’m down for this legendry strain. I’ve never had the pleasure to try this strain so I’ll pull up a chair and enjoy the show

Sending good grow vibes your way :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

interesting turn of events.

grown on!

2 Likes

I read along with this post, is there a sign-up list for the a.g. seeds. if so, I must have missed it, several times.

regards,

mike28086

3 Likes

No sign up. Who ever asks (in 4+ months) gets em :smile: .

@mike28086

25 Likes

Gonna set a calendar reminder for Mid-February.

17 Likes

:point_up_2:

:joy:

16 Likes

had a friend today randomly mention how much he mises Acapulco Gold and its been so long for him…
good stuff - digging this thread!!

8 Likes