Air Flow Splitters For Air Pumps

I was looking at this one for a 10 gallon single site dwc.
I want overkill airflow because my last 2 dwc had root rot. Never had a problem with root rot ever, except those last 2. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I have the 8 outlet manifolds, not the 12. My mistake!

2 Likes

So how loud and how hot do these pumps get? Will they melt plastic or possible fire hazard (no plans to put on plastic, but)? Will they drown out any other sounds (inline fans, bubbling water, etc)?
I hang my inline and circulating fan from bungees to absorb vibes…works well…planning to do the same with air pump

1 Like

Mine doesn’t get hot enough to melt anything, I can pick it up in my had no problem after running fir a week straight. It is a bit loud, but less so if you hang it, suspend it off a surface

1 Like

Mine don’t pump enough air I have a 6 port. I tried to change the valves pressure.

What pump do you have?

I’m gonna take the dive and test a pump or two to see if they have enough power to do what I need. The res will probably be 3/4 a gallon of water so I don’t think I’ll need much power at all. We’ll see though.

I got a heavier pump to run to cloners. I use a 8 port splitter. I used up to 6 at a time. Works great for me. I am finding that aqura air lines aren’t standard like the used to be. My two port aquarium air pump has larger ports and the regular air stone are to small. But they fit fine in the old air lines I had. Not sure why.
:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like