Answers for a LED build

I have read many posts on the subject of the, all around the internet you could easily get lost or lose interest… There are so many conflicting posts …… Here is a ex… you will need 8,9,10,14,16,18 strips which one is right
Im looking for some direct answers for a build.
These are the boards I will be using BXEB-L1120Z-35E4000-C-B3
Thanks in advance to all who read this and reply……….

1. How many EB Series Gen 2 strips will I need to cover a 4x4 area (a room)
  2. What size driver(s) will I need
  3. Where to purchase Strips and Drivers (without a tariff fee would be great)
  4. Spacing of each strip
6 Likes

Bro I have a similar space 40 in x 40 in
I need to replace my light soon so I’ll be watching this closely thanks for posting
Also what kind of connectors or Solder

Paps

5 Likes

Tariff into usa or elsewhere?

3 Likes

to USA …,

2 Likes
1 Like

We have a thread here for the EB strips. Cheap LED Strips : A Viable Alternative

Depending on if you are vegging or flowering with them or both. A 240W driver and 16 X 22 inch strips on the frame covering a 4 ft by 2ft area. One will be equivalent to a 600W HPS light. I have one and it works very well in veg and flower with 3500K I am just looking at building another.

Its easier to have 2 lights than one big one so you can have different height plants in the same tent/room.

Set your country for the correct price.
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/bridgelux/BXEB-L0560Z-35E2000-C-B3/976-1734-ND/7907663

4 Likes

My designs for a 2x4ft light are available in the above thread. Everything down to strip spacing. Just double it

4 Likes

Even as a proponent of the bridgelux strips, for a 4x4 id still take a look at some of the prebuilt led units out there on the market as may make your life a bit easier for a bit more $$ depending.

As for what and how much to run if going the bridgelux root id say factor to run 35-40w a sqft higher side 30w sqft low side, but either two XLG-240’s that you could overdrive a little if you wanted to, or three of the XLG-200’s

Strips wise if going for the 4 footers “1190mm” you would run 8 per xlg-240 and or 7 per xlg-200

Spacing that you could figure out based on how many strips you run, as for where to order digikey

Also you won’t probably get around the tariff “Trump Tax”, just what is is for people in the states.

7 Likes

In s 4x2 would it be better to use the shorter strips and make two 2x2 panels rather than 1 4x2 just for the ability to move them separately, or am I over thinking it

4 Likes

no id be using the 560mm in a 4x2 myself as well, make two frames for if i wanted to make them adjustable, or one big one if i was just running cycles. Also typically the 2 footers “560mm” you can sneak a extra strip onto the driver vs the 1190mm, which the XLG-240’s are an example of with only be able to run 8 of the 1190mm but 17 of the 560mm

4 Likes

Sweet… I like adjustable

2 Likes

Help me! Lol. Im buying a 2x2x3 tent. Looking for a cheap strip setup to fully flower autos. I made Auntee a 2 5way sil setup thats awesome in all seriousness.

With 18 hours of light a day I see room for improvement on bud density and overall plant and root growth. Im actually trying to build this as quick as possible.

Given im starting over any tools like a cheap but decent soldering iron. A dremel is out til Dec. My family stole everything n left us little. No problem, I can be resourceful.

Thanks for any help yall. It means alot. I stay in more due to the shitty area so I love my growing. It’s my solitude. Good deal. Later yall. I’ve been waiting impatiently for this.:+1:t2::grin:

1 Like

Tool wise you will need a drill and drill bits, no soldering iron is really needed you can get twist wire connectors, a screwdriver or wrenches, screws or nuts and bolts depending on what you use to make up the frame and a hacksaw or tin snips. Other materials will be either silicone or liquid electrical tape to cover some exposed terminals in n the light strips, solid core wire, male and female plugs for the driver and a male plug for the wires coming from the light to the driver.

If you go to the link in my above post to the other thread you will find a lot more help and answers.

1 Like

Thanks shade I just didn’t know for a 2-ft space you go with the middle ones I think they’re 22-in I guess it would be a good idea like anything else to mix up the spectrums and get a driver that can handle all of them instead of small drivers or something like that just would it be better to buy a new driver or go on eBay and see if you can find somebody reputable I’ll scan through there I appreciate you even hitting me back dog.

I hope you’re getting a feeling better man I know last time you said you wasn’t feeling too hot I hope everything works out good for you You let me know if you need anything either my dude you know what you can always holler at me if you got any open slots and need something want something different you know.

I think a lot of guys got a different flare going on and everybody has their own little niche you know we can all spread around some good stuff that we know is good That’s what I love about this community you know will persever through anything here.

Be safe out there dude You have a good one bro. :grin::v:

1 Like

Yes you would be better with the 22 inch strips and depending on how many you want to use, and configuration of either parralel which is not easy to work out, or in serial which is easier, but can be more dangerous should you get a shock, and the right sized driver to power them.

I am not too bad atm thanks :wink:

1 Like

Thanks bud that’s good to hear that you’re feeling better. I really go back and do some research. I just need to find a small driver just to power it for my 2x2 I’m about to order but I wanted to be able to flower nice and thick buds I’ll figure out the wiring and stuff like that. How’s that’ll burn anything down I’d go with screw-in lights but I need the extra room.

I’ve definitely been considering ordering three five ways and another pack of bulbs. I have two five ways in my cart for my 2 by 2 by 3. I just thought where to dress up nice and get some strips.:blush::v:

With help from the OG community - I did a build recently.
For ideas and example of whats involved to build.

1 Like

Man that’s awesome right there dude. It’s a clean little setup so I’m going to be ordering some 2x2x3 tents and the strips are 22 in and they’re saying with the angle that it might not fit somebody told me that I could use curtain rods if I got desperate and really want to fit 2’ in a tent and they were saying go with the smaller ones and I don’t know I guess run more of them? I have no idea dude I’m ghetto I like to throw in some screw lights and get this s*** done maybe I’d be better off ordering a box of them before I electrocute myself.

:joy: Seriously thank you man. That’s a pretty little set up you got there. That’s what I’m going for man if I can get one of those guys to fit in my little 2x2 that’d be awesome. Well I haven’t ordered it yet. That’s all depending on what type of light setup I can get for it I’m embarrassed to say that I’m jealous over the set up that I made for my aunt she’s killing it with screw ins. :laughing::metal:

No I went up and put $250 on a card I figured I could get a nice little setup for I don’t know all the stuff on those sites I don’t need like the ratchet hangers and s*** like that so if I could get her around 140 bucks I think the strips the driver and the angle is really all I need. Did you use any waygos? I think that’s what they’re called the little wiring slots? :grin::v:

1 Like

There are great prebuilt lights for your 2x2. Ready to hamg and grow.

Do it yourself may not save money IMO.

2x2=4sq ft.
35watts per sq ft is a general rule.
So you need about 140watts of lighting.

DIY
For a 2x2. A pair of these side by side would fit physically. Or just build a single unit 22x22 with x number of strips.

2 Likes

Man that’s awesome dude I just trying to make a setup that will last me for a while and I kind of wanted to step into the LED I was thinking to myself with one quantum board and one small driver rock a 2x2 I also have a guy who’s trying to sell me four chilled LED pucks with the driver and I was thinking maybe one of those LED chill pucks would rock a 2x2?

I have no idea I’m just trying to figure out I’m putting together two 2x2x3s and I just want enough coverage in there that I can do what I need to do veg pollinate the whole nine and I just found a couple blocks of cocoa that I picked up for some shroomy shrooms but since I’m not using those I’m going to try to run a couple plants under cocoa and see how it does and that’s another story now I need to find out how do I amend coco lol.

I appreciate it very much getting back to me man I’m just a new when it comes to this stuff I’m used to just putting a bulb in a high pressure sodium these little tents that were awesome and I just can’t deny him they’re good for all kind of stuff I live in duplex in the inner city so space is very limited.

even comparing the Samsung strips to the bridge lock strips the Samsung strips you would probably only need to put two in there as opposed to put 10 in there I guess it’s all in what you like we can fit and what works for you and your budget that’s all I’m trying to do is to rock that s*** for as cheap as possible. :grin::+1: