Answers for a LED build

Dude those are f****** awesome did you build that for a certain size 10 I’d love to put that in a 4x4 put it on hangers lower down and then bring it up as needed I imagine with the technology you could probably put that at the top of a 6 1/2 ft tent dial it all the way up and running the s*** out of it.

I think I’ll stick with my EH se 600-watt. Until I get enough money to build a HLG like unit or something like that. we’re I have roughly 300 maybe 5. Lol enough money and knowledge to build it anyways. I need two 2x3 tents immediately with some lighting and those units you build are f****** sweet man!

Yeah that’s definitely the way to go You fit all those strips on an 11x22 That’s what I’m talking about man.I’m going to go back through your build and check it out cuz I need two of those frames right there You get them done for under a hundred bucks Mr sparkle said. Heeell yeah!

Thank you for your time I really appreciate it dude I got to step my game up man so I can get some fun to jump It’s not working since it’s been killing me. Be safe bro.:grin::v:

For parts shopping…
Octopart.com

Eb gen3.
I bought a 20 pack of strips here…

https://www.futureelectronics.com/p/semiconductors--lighting-solutions--light-engine-led-assemblies--light-engines/bxeb-l0560z-30e2000-c-c3-bridgelux-8115969

And 2 of these drivers.
https://www.futureelectronics.com/p/semiconductors--lighting-solutions--led-driver-modules-rev/xlg-150-l-ab-mean-well-9113129

1 Like

This is the only link you’ll need for building DIY strip lights in the next year. It contains builds for different size spaces, full parts lists with links to buy each part, and a wiring diagram for each buid:

scroll down to the size section that matches your space, expand it, and then scroll to the Bridgelux section within that. Bridgelux strips are strongly recommended because they’re by far the best option for the money, and they have very good thermal characteristics that allow you to use aluminum angle or plate instead of heatsinks.

Heck, if you run them at their recommended current, you don’t even need any metal to act as a heatsink. I have several of their strips mounted to plastic or hung in free air and they’re killing it.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking on LED gardener and I looked at the sizes but they were saying that the 22-in strips won’t fit if you put a frame and it’s too big. like you said I could probably get them things mounted up I want to plastic frame my uncle works at a plastics fabrication company.

He can make me a little frame he deals in lexan and s*** like that real light strong plastics he could probably send me a little frame up here.

Mr Torino thank you for the links on the parts and where you picked up those 20 strips at lol I think that’s about what I need 10 a piece. Thank you guys I appreciate it I’m trying to bring my own setup up to something respectable and clean. :hugs::v:

1 Like

Good idea. The metal frames I built were overkill.

1 Like

I’m going to read back through the LED build on LED gardener. That way I can figure out all the little connections and stuff that I need but I’m hell yeah man you got a bad ass setup I didn’t catch up with you were using all those four are they for small tents or are you organizing them all together to do a bigger area?

I see a lot of guys who are buying pre-assembled units. My goal is to get a actual Horticultural grade light but not have to spend $1,200 on it a dude in my area found three gavita LED Pros. I think they’re like 1500 bucks. Bought them from a dude for $200 a piece brand fucking new on Craigslist in the hood. Wtf?

I have four fans inside of my four by four a 600 watt high pressure sodium and it still stays so fucking hot inside. Would it be worth it to even buy a cool tube for it?

Yep let me get my ass on here and starting to do some reading got to get some smoke and me first I’m running dry. My tank is running on E Mr Gram! Hehe!