Any writers here? Tv, novel, or big screen

Didn’t Larry Niven co write The Mote in Gods Eye ? I enjoyed that book a long time ago.

1 Like

Yes I’ve never read it though. Reading through the integral trees series now.

The title seems like quite the play on words.

1 Like

Is there a distinction in writing styles between the 2 Authors?

I find it quizzical that people tend to anthropomorphize god.

Just remember enjoying the book and Larry Niven being one of the writers . I haven’t read anything else by Larry Niven but I think I might now . I enjoy SIFY and fantasy . Haven’t read any in awhile though .

I just looked up the Integral Trees . I’m pretty sure now I read the first book in that series way back in the 80s . Getting old , my memory’s not so good anymore . :thinking:

Decided to read it again

This book also contains The Smoke Ring

Good times!

Yeah, I’m gonna make it a point to finish the series soon.

I’m trying to start protector also by larry niven…goes along with the ring world series. I’ll put it down and finish the Integral Trees.

My book comes today , I’m excited to start it ! Got to get back into reading . I’m getting sick of TV although there’s a few shows I like including The Expanse . What do you think of Raised by Wolves @Joshj ?

Never seen it…just started watching the 1st season now. I like the “cinematography” so far.

I liked it . I’m looking forward to the next season . Don’t want to say more and spoil anything . :slightly_smiling_face:

Ive watched the 1st few episodes…I actualy think I may have written for this but I’m not sure. I have a really fast process, so I don’t always remember everything I’ve written till I watch it… But if I remember correctly, and I probably am, this is kinda like the intro series or development series for something else.

I think alot of it, after the 2 or 3rd episode might be computer generated. That may have been sorta the impetus of the series.

No spoilers right? :wink:

My daughter, she’s studying so she can get a job being a crime scene photographer and then in the winter months she wants to write novels about each of the crimes… Seems legit.

I don’t write, unless a grocery list counts haha.

Im not indenting to offend, but I’ve always had a problem with crime dramas. If it’s illegal for a criminal to profit from crime, why can news outlets and tv networks profit from it? For example, the oj simpson bs…how much did they make off that?

I really think the scc needs to make some changes, specifically relating to “crime” tv. It’s not healthy for a society to dwell on the negative aspects of itself…makes it hard to advance.

1 Like

No sir, no spoilers.