Anyone running a dispensary?

Im glad y’all doing well in Ok. We skipped Arkansas and Texas is just slow. We get there one day…

@Doulovebeef I’m just seeing this and was wondering if the grower can pre-roll and tube?

How’s your progress with your grow going? Was the process any different than the one you did for the dispensary? Are you doing them both under the same LLC or different?

Processors are the only ones allowed to roll joints.

The process for the grow is the same as filing for the dispensary. It’ll be under the same LLC so I can deduct some of my costs for utilities and rent.

So you have to buy from the grower and the processor? Or everything from the processor? Also are you allowed to let the customer roll in the store, kinda like that machine @StillSmoking posted?

Do you know where in the documentation where it says growers can’t sell pre-rolls? The reason why I ask, is because I have read through all of the bills and can’t find that information anywhere.

The way I read these two sections growers can package for dispensary’s and processors.

1. “Medical marijuana commercial grower” or “commercial grower” means an entity licensed to cultivate, prepare and package medical marijuana and transfer or contract for transfer medical marijuana to a medical marijuana dispensary, medical marijuana processor, any other medical marijuana commercial grower, medical marijuana research facility, medical marijuana education facility and pesticide manufacturers. A commercial grower may sell seeds, flower or clones to commercial growers pursuant to this act;

2. “Package” or “packaging” means any container or wrapper that may be used by a medical marijuana business to enclose or contain medical marijuana;

All, please let me know if I’m reading this wrong or missing something. The last think I want to do is mess up or get in trouble. @riahgorl_1 @Dewb

@MaKilter Can you help these gentlemen with some of their questions? Guys, meet the frog in my pocket. :wink: She attended the meeting maybe she can help a bit more than I can.

1 Like

I have seen an email from omma that states you must have processor license to make prerolls… I’ll try to find a copy off it…
As far as being a grower I can give me stuff to a processor to make whatever, pay for his service, and once he returns the finished product, I can then sell it to a dispensary…

@Dewb thanks for the info. I guess it seems crazy to me that it is in the law in black and white that growers can package, but then someone from OOMA can interpret the law differently.

So what your saying as a grower you can take to the processor, they prep it and then you can take it back and then sell to a store?

Are you able to do that with other things as well(Concentrates edibles)?

What kinda of costs are you paying for that service? Wonder if you could trade some of your product for the services.

1 Like

Also, I just got my tickets :ticket: to CannaCon. I got the two day pass and the canna40 discount code is still working for anyone who hasn’t gotten theirs yet.

2 Likes

Yes that is what I’ve been told… you don’t need a processor license to sell concentrates, edibles (maybe food handler license), or pre rolls, you have to have it to actually process the raw product…
Make sense?
My friend is sending me a copy of the email soon…

1 Like

I guess it’s still a little fuzzy for me. The dispensary doesn’t need a processor Lic to sell those items, but the grower can’t package or create them? I think all of these items need to be better defined in the law.

1 Like

Not sure if the Canna40 is still working for discount tickets, but I just got an email from them today:
Use the code OKC30 to save 30% on your tickets. Discount good through September 12th.

1 Like

Sorry I am late to the party here, but I will do my best. A Grower can sell to another Grower, or a Processor, Research Facility or Dispensary, A Dispensary can sell to a Grower, Research Facility or a Patient, and a Processor can sell to a Dispensary or Research Facility but can process for a patient OR a Grower for a fee. I do not believe purchasing, opening and rolling in the store will be admissible. I think the packaging would become an issue, but I could be wrong, here.

Dispensaries can sell pre-rolls, but they have to be properly packaged and labeled.

It is my understanding that the OMMA is stating pre-rolls must be made by a processor.

1 Like

Thanks for the insight. I just haven’t seen the word pre-roll in any of the laws or guidance put out by the OMMA. It is probably the case, but in order to uphold the law, it has to be in the law, not just a statement the OMMA puts out. I’m probably barking up the wrong tree, but their are issues everywhere.

1 Like

@Dewb did you happen to get that email?

1 Like

It is very unclear - I agree pre-roll doesn’t appear. In the class, Durbin’s stance was Growers are allowed to package them and sell to Dispensaries, as well as Dispensaries being able to roll them due to allowing the deli-style sell of flower, then packaging it to leave the premises. That was on August 3rd. I agree it could be translated either way. I did have a Grower/Dispensary owner tell me just this morning per a conversation with OMMA they are NOT allowed to do pre-rolls, that is what I based my answer off of. It’s all a mess, really

1 Like

Cool, I was thinking I was way out in left field, but when I did my research the law defines growers could package and doesn’t define how or what type of packaging. I guess if I was going to court to fight a case my lawyer should be able to get me off on that basis and one could even argue that a grower could package water/bubble hash, as you are not changing the structure or using solvents. You are just defining your trimming techniques differently… lol :joy:

1 Like

The way I understand it is that if your processor is working for a fee, then they can package the end product however they like as long as it meets the packaging and labeling requirements. If the Grower is simply paying for a service - ie- Make this into bubble hash for $XXX then that hash is returned to them after the service is complete. I like your theory on “trimming techniques” as a grower, as a processor, not so much, Hehe

1 Like

Oh I hear ya for sure. I really appreciate you input. Thanks again

1 Like

She never sent it to me.
I’ve read it, it was short and said must have a processor license to make prerolls… but who knows who was answering emails that day or if they even know the laws…
Someone could just email them and ask…

1 Like