Are you a leaf yanker?

Yeah what he said.

1 Like

'heard a funny story…

growfriend was running a commercial grow, owner came in on shrooms one night & read a whiteboard note about a flower room needing defoliating, defoliates 'teens in veg :dizzy_face: room :+1:, other workers discover the carnage & confusion, growfriend suggests owner isn’t a good gardener & gets fired. :clap:

:smoking:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Normally… I don’t recall, if, and when or the plants that I prune. So, I started marking on a pill bottle covered in masking tape the date the plant started flowering, 21d mark for defoliation, 42d mark of defoliation and then a reasonable harvest period. that bottle is has two 1/2" holes drilled through it on the sides near the mouth of the bottle for wires to hang from (I’ll enclose a pic). other than those 2 days marked for defoliation I don’t recall yanking leaves, but apparently, I or the cannabis fairies descend and remove them as needed.

regards,

5 Likes

Hey @SquirtleSquad are you still rocking the heavy defoliation into week 5 of flower?

Reason being, I’m about to give mine a haircut (only in early week 2 of flower).

The density of the leaves is crazy, and even with having less tops still looks like hardly any light is penetrating at the center/bottom…

First trim in flower vs 1 week later

Dense vegetation, slow defoliation or take the garbage bag full at once and walk away?

8 Likes

I’m going to have to do some heavy pruning

11 Likes

Ohhh yeah. I think im just going to keep stripping them throughout and see how it goes.

I want nice chunky colas, and need light penetration for that!

4 Likes

Diddled with defol and not defol.

Schwazzing is on my to do list.
Day 1 and Day 20.

8 Likes

Wow…it would appear that my defoliation method is waaaaay less sever than that, and if those can survive?!

4 Likes

Lots of people use that technique.

Its crazy to see them survive that. I do little bits here and there. Like 30-50 leaf sessions.

3 Likes

Defol is like biting nails , becomes a bad habit , getting worse and worse over time and grows
The plant will always survive given even the tiniest slightest hope , but this does not mean it wanted or appreciates the added stress , even if it was nature that did it or not : )

6 Likes

Worse than schwazzing…

No plants to schwazz. :man_facepalming:

10 Likes

It all starts with some seeds … Just add water lol
@GramTorino : )

4 Likes

Soon.

I’m still pissy about my performance on the last grow.

4 Likes

What are you waiting on … a Bus haha OG is gettin restless : )

3 Likes

This could change my mood.

22 Likes

Rather you than me : )
They look crazy

3 Likes

Some nice big shrooms you got there, what strain are they :thinking:

I started micro dosing 2 weeks ago, already feeling a lot more productive in my life, gets me in the zen zone quickly, may the force be with you.

5 Likes

Dang bro, nice!!!

1 Like

I bet ! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Always changes my mood . :grinning:

9 Likes