Are you a leaf yanker?

I should look in to micro dosing . At one time I was taking around a gram at a time as a pick me up fairly regular . Never in working situations , just relaxing on weekends etc .

2 Likes

I think I can see how there would be benefits .

2 Likes

I am using just 0.2 of a gram every 3rd day, the wife started with me she is still on the 0.05 of a gram start dose, every 3 days, but is going to try 5 days on 2 days off.

She takes it in the morning before she starts work as it just relaxes her body and helps with her mental focus and reduces anxiety, so next week she will start trying that schedule.

I have not tried a high dose yet but I may do this weekend, I just got my order from shroom up, 28 grams Texas penis envy and 7 grams of golden teacher, I was also sent some freebies, a bar of chocolate with 3000 mg in it and a 3x3 inch slab of brownie, but doesn’t say how much is in it so I emailed them to find out and thank them for the freebies. Their stuff is on sale atm, $79 for 28 grams, $20 postage but if you spend over $99 you get free shipping so I got the 7 g of golden teacher to get the free shipping :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Interesting . Do you mean you have never done a higher dose or just as far as micro doseing ? I grow my own so I don’t need to buy them . I actually posted something in the mush thread about what i think about the whole strain thing when it comes to cubes . Which is what most grow .

2 Likes

I used LSD twice I didn’t enjoy the second one so never used it again, it lasts too long as well.

This is my first try with shrooms, so just trying to create better brain health and possibly help with the nerve damage in my neck and the side affects of poor sleep and depression, lack of focus.

Every strain description seems to be the same for shrooms. I will see if I can find the mush thread and read what you said.

4 Likes

Doh. No idea what strain.
I’ve had them over a year.
Need to read up on microdosing.

1 Like

I was always a leave it alone guy but this run I did this to them and they seemed quite happy in the end. Flipped to 12/12 4 days after my Edward Scissorhands impression and they were quite happy.

9 Likes

Wow that’s some extreme defoliation. I guess I won’t feel too bad about what I’m going to be doing to my girls coming up. So you start lights off right after defoliating? Taking cuttings tonight, flipping sometime between today and Sunday :man_shrugging:t2: I don’t know what I’m waiting for…

Should I only leave the top three or so nodes and remove all other sucker branches? Or leave some nodes that have already branched near the top. This is single main stalk, untopped.

I can’t let them Bush out too much, height may need to be controlled with supercroping.

5 Likes

The three light method, I’m pretty sure they defol the same day they start 12/12, then again in 20 days.

Hopefully I can try different levels of defol to learn what works.
Don’t have to treat each plant exactly the same.

2 Likes

I know, also read the structure and where the light hits and doesn’t. Just never went full bare stock like shown in that video!

1 Like

My most extreme…

Sept 2019.
Day14

D47

18 Likes

I’m trying to squeeze at least one more small plant in there so I can make some seeds with it… maybe a second one (both clones) for some bud to actually try. Smaller containers too so might be able to fit between them if I just go single cola on some of these bigger plants.

4 Likes

So I didn’t go crazy with removing leaves, but I did snip off all lower nodes to prevent them from bushing out, and what’s left forms more of a canopy/bouquet shape

13 Likes

they look exactly like Psilocybe’s

1 Like

Try Lion’s Mane, they help your body repair nerves, anti-Alzheimers, anti-depressant too and lots of other benefits. Non-psychedelic. But if you combine Lion’s Mane with psycho active ones I imagine it’ll be most effective.

4 Likes

Cheers I will see if I can grow some of those as well.

2 Likes

Do you have any words of wisdom on micro dosages?

1 Like

I use the microdosing truffels from Zamnesia, they’ve been quite consistently good quality. A whole gram is fun but too much for every day, now I do about 1/3 or 1/2 gr. I’ve done a few grams every day for a whole winter until I threw up the 3rd time in two weeks. I hardly ever skipped a day as well, so I don’t recommend that. Made a whole bunch of cool art during that period though.

Less is more.

“The difference between medicine and poison is dosage.” - Paracelsus

If you don’t combine with weed you may have trouble sleeping so definitely ingest in the morning. But then again I wake up 2-3 times every night without weed, microdosing or not.

What’s really great is combining microdoses of truffels/shrooms with microdoses of weed, prepared like this:

I only like indica so I got “super relaxed hyper clarity”. Only done that a few times as money has been tite. Might not be ideal for daily use over extended periods of time. :upside_down_face: I always tend to push my limits, just to know where they are.

I don’t follow any kind of schedule I just follow my body. If you get nauseous then it’s time to take a break. I think I’ll stick to microdosing once a week or so from now on.

Edit: Didn’t mean to hijack the thread here, back to leaf yanking! I pull the ones that are ready to fall off and the ones that obscure the lower buds, only now and then, whenever I notice, those buds then seem to catch up to the other ones at the same height that were unobstructed from the light.

3 Likes

@Rogue Thank you for the excellent info.

Ok. Back to yanking! Or not. Lol. :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

One more thing about yanking leaves, make sure you get rid of the entire leaf including the little stem. When humidity rises and there’s a bit of dead leaf stem left, it’s the first thing to catch mold.
They’re weak spots.

I use my fingers and follow the stem all the way to the branch they’re attached to, then pinch and pull down. Most of the time I get a pretty clean removal. Sometimes a little damage happens to the branch or bud, but I prefer that than mold. Practice makes perfect.

Leaf yanking is very much an art.

6 Likes