As new as can be, but eager and ready to grow green!

Hey,

Just wanted to say that I am looking forward to my first grow, but am incredibly intimidated about the process, and could use a LOT of help. My long term objective is outdoor natural-ish grow on my property, can even set it up for terracing at some point. I will also want to maintain an indoor small scale grow for the off-season/experiments/entertainment. The issues I already know I’m going to have is amending my outdoor grow’s soil, local pest population, and HEAT. There will be a time frame where the plants will experience 100+ temps for a few weeks. I have ideas for the soil, and have heard some of the more arid climate strains may be barely able to handle that though. For the indoor, I lack in everything, so I’m still making my first purchases and with very limited funds.

I am looking forward to getting started soon, and could use any and all support that is offered.

14 Likes

This is the area for all my received recommendations and credits!

Seeds: @Swampthing suggested from another post, Satori by Mandala

4 Likes

A big, fat, warm and gooey welcome to the world’s greatest hobby.

With diligence, and paying careful attention to your plants, you will be producing your own bodacious buds in no time at all.

Satori is an excellent choice for new growers. Very vigorous and easy to grow, it is also quite forgiving and is able to shrug off high heat without difficulty. The flowers are top notch, and one of my all time favorites.

You will find a veritable wealth of information and guidance here on OG. Please take advantage of this resource and ask any and all questions, and before you know it, you will be luxuriating in an abundance of delightful flowers.

Good luck on your journey.

8 Likes

In case you’re in the northern hemisphere and winter is coming I would just start indoors. Once you know how to deal with them you can start your second batch indoors, then take them out and plant them once good weather comes.

That will also give you time for preparing the soil outside, lots of recipes and knowledge around. Take short steps and improve little by little, it’s a great hobby but it takes time and perseverance to have things going fine and tuned up.

Any questions just ask, welcome … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

Like George said it’s to late for outdoor in the northern hemisphere. But you can setup indoor on the cheap pretty easy.

3x3 tent- <=$100
400w hps/mh <=$100
6in in-line fan <$50

That was my first setup and pulled around 1/2lb of some fire. A 400w light is hardly noticeable on the electric bill too if that’s a concern.

Cheap basic potting soil works too. Just mix it up with some dr earth tomato food.

3 Likes

Welcome and all the best.

I prefer indoor but that’s just me.

It can be as expensive or as cheap as you like.

Either way, it’s great fun. Don’t forget not to worry and enjoy the process. OG will address all your questions/concerns.

4 Likes

Welcome to OG I’m new myself but these guys can help. I wouldn’t bring in outside soil. I have always had bad luck with cheap mixes and stuff stored outside. Just begging for pest problems.

4 Likes

Welcome @805Canna and good luck. All you need to know is “KISS AND LITFA”. I learned the hard way and spend very little time and money on worrying and buying useless/unuseful things.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate the welcome. I will be starting indoors, and going outdoor once the winter season fades. I’m going to start out with an Aerogarden System that I already had for small produce for my seed starting, and will be transiting most of the seeds to soil for indoor, but will be leaving one plant to grow to maturity in the Aerogarden. I am interested to see how long it will grow in the system before it starts having problems.

I’m starting with seed donations from my grinder, and am really looking forward to the coin flip nature of the outcomes. I always enjoyed science/chemistry class in school, specifically the scientific method. Looking forward to the process, the trials and tribulations, and the eventual successes!!

2 Likes

I’ve grown some good weed I found from bag seed…
Good luck with the grow

1 Like

Love some 805 La Canchita
Can’t wait to see what you get growing .
@805Canna

1 Like

Good luck @805Canna, OG is a wealth of information by fellow and like-minded cultivators!

2 Likes

I also used Aerogarden to start them:

Wouldn’t let them grow too much if you’re going to transfer them to soil, I had transplant shocks with them:

The longer the root is the more delicate to transplant in soil, they also mess with the others in the deposit and it is delicate to pull out the plant from the plug without harming it :sweat:.

I added an air stone and they love it, you can create monster plants with them … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

That’s awesome! I’ve experienced the root shock with a tomato transplant before, was looking just for germination, then I’ll plant in soil. I will probably get the air stone and leave one in to see how it does. I have the XL12, so I’m excited to see how it does for a single plant!

2 Likes