Australian Bastard .. wtf?

The phrase “opinions are like assholes, everyone has one” Springs to mind. Ok you don’t like this strain. Let others decide for themselves. I don’t drink fosters as it tastes like shite and makes me ill. I wont tell people not to drink it though.

3 Likes

Why’d you have to bring Foster’s into this? :grinning:

5 Likes

As it’s an Aussie drink and not everyone likes it :wink:

2 Likes

FOSTERS- Australian for piss…

3 Likes

@Pedro_Bann I’ve been wondering if that beer even exists in Aus… can you please clarify :laughing: :beers: the situation? Is that lagerish-swill actually from the southern continent?

:crocodile: :beer:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I’d like to apologize to the world on behalf of all Aussie for inflicting Fosters on them :frowning2: We didn’t know what to do with the shit, it started as a joke, i swear! Medical waste is hard to dispose of…

@cannabissequoia I haven’t seen Fosters down here for about 20 years, it may be available in the lower states (Victoria or Tasmania, maybe South Australia) but not to be seen in Queensland. Maybe we’ve eradicated one pest? :joy:

To stay on topic, I’ve never seen this variation of cannabis in person. When i first heard about it, I called it urban legend/myth. Remembering though, we are discussing one of the most adaptable plants on the planet, who knows.

6 Likes

Fosters is abundant here in the UK. The criminals we sent away are getting their own back by sending it here :rofl: no offence.

5 Likes

Fosters is canned dregs from all of our breweries and sent overseas so it doesnt end up contamimating our beer.

I can comfirm It doesnt exist in Tassie or Victoria

Nobody drinks it here.

5 Likes

lmao, no offence taken. We’ve traced one side of my family back to the first fleet, and I don’t believe they came over for the mild summers :joy:
I don’t even know it’s made down here anymore, and not concerned enough to ask google either :wink: As long as i never, ever see it in my fridge all’s good.

3 Likes

what’s more bizzare is they own a huge proportion of Napa Calif. wine & vinyards. :thinking:

:evergreen_tree: Boxed Wine Spectator: 98

1 Like

2 Likes

Best stealth strain I’ve ever seen.

Now let’s see if we can’t work on making a strain that looks like sumac trees. They’re so common over here most people actually assume they’re poison sumac and avoid them lol. Red colas very much similar in shape to cannabis. Also tbh I want a blood red bud to smoke😅 always a goth at heart till the end. Darker colors always look better to me over bright vibrant colors giving me the it’s poison response instinctively.

1 Like

:smile: :joy: Seriously… I’m still suspicious thinking STFU that’s some cat-nip or oregano!

:evergreen_tree: has to pass the smoke test

3 Likes

How hard would it be to stabilize color expression? I just had a thought that if we could do that and get ABC leaves on it we may end up getting a strain that may be a little too stealthy. That vining phenotype with some red buds would end up looking like a strawberry from a distance early on. Unless the size of the buds won’t form large colas. If they just grow a longer vine filled out with more strawberry sized buds outside would be it’s ideal environment for sure😅

Ok seriously though please tell me I’m not far off from something we can actually do?

yes @painted.forest.farms and @csi.humboldt are working the pure line to release crosses and pure this spring hopefully …

i found a guy @hybritech which has already released a high thc/low cbd cross called Subterfuge 1 for 80 USD domestic and 100 USD international … says he’s been working the line for 20 years and calls his version ‘American Bastard Cannabis’ lol

3 Likes

Humboldt CSI has some on sale, ABC site 4 IBL (10 reg seeds for $150 instead of $200) and ABC site 3 IBL (5 reg seeds $150 instead of $200, limited to 75 packs). However I don’t have a seed budget at the moment. Really interested in this strain.

4 Likes

I bet it makes a great pasta sauce. :yum: Did you ever get the seeds?

1 Like

No my source has become rather ill and I don’t want to be that guy that pesters. A real bummer though.
Maybe I could ask him just a second time.

3 Likes

I feel you. Cannabis is not always the most important thing, even if it’s strange, creepy and Australian.

All the best to the source person. I’d say let them recover and don’t bother regarding seeds. It’s just seeds. They will show up eventually somewhen somewhere.

3 Likes

Something new? I’m also very interested in seeds.