Australian Bastard .. wtf?

Have you seen this cultivar?

Two things… What the hell is this strain? Some cannabis mutation?

and second… They are using bitcoin blockhain to store gene sequences… whee :smiley: that’s cool!

4 Likes

I wish i had the room to try everything. I would never think to keep that. It would get thrown in my compost if i found it.

3 Likes

Crazy lookin thing thereXD

Crazy looking thing !

if anyone can find these i want the seeds havnt seen it in like 25 years

2 Likes

go track it down in australia bro and send some over, would make for excellent stealth guerilla growing… barely looks like weed without the serrated edges

5 Likes

Beginning to wish i had kept some of my weirder mutants now instead of binning them :grin:

1 Like

Isnt “abc” or Australian Bastard Cannibis just stabilized mutant?

2 Likes

from what I understand it does not grow in a bush grows like a vine

ABC or ducksfoot is still available. Later I will try to find who Has it for sale. Grows the same as any mj plant, just that when in veg it does not look like mj.

1 Like

I will ask around, there was some similar stuff getting around here last season… a friend of a friend will surely know.

4 Likes

Beginning in the 1860s, imported camels and camel drivers helped explore and settle Australia’s outback.

2 Likes

You can get ducksfoot from underground seeds.

Looks like it is out of stock right now but it does periodically get restocked. I have seen it here on and off for years: https://www.sanniesshop.com/duckfoot.html

ABC kind of looks like an herb and is said to be very weak.

1 Like

ABC aka mongy, dizzy, bindi etc is different from ducksfoot. Dutch passion has a frisian duck (ducksfoot x frisian dew) with the leaf mutation and sannies also sells a duckfoot, they had ~5 packs 2 weeks ago but out of stock now it seems

i found this reddit thread from 3 years ago about someone trying to track it down and i don’t think they were successful. it does include contact information for mongy who supposedly took over breeding it from an old australian couple who had discovered it.

i sent an e-mail to the alleged breeder of this strain asking for more information and hopefully purchase some seeds if they’re available. i’ll update you guys if he responds

edit 2: mongyman is still active on the ozstoners forum maybe one of you ozzy blokes can register and buddy up with him or source out another member who has the ‘mongy madness’

3 Likes

i would if i could last time i seen this i was about 14 and a mates mum gave him some seeds he had like 4 or 5 tiny plants not even a month old and showed me asking me what they were i laughed and said well its a mutant just rip it chuck it in the bin little to know it hasnt been seen since for like 20 years i found even with the strain from my experience alot of the plants still turn out normal if anyone can find it il bring it back same with ducksfoot and a few other mutants

1 Like

Had an assortment of dispensary seeds and decided to grow some. One in particular seemed to be a mistake until I noticed the telltale cannabis sugar leaves. Took a bit of researching, but my curiosity paid off. Was very surprised when one turned out to be the Australian Bastard Cannabis. Was even luckier because the plant produced a few seeds. Crossing my fingers that they’ll germinate. The plant is quite simply amazing. As long as the sugar leaves are removed, it resembles a shrub more than a cannabis plant. The buzz wasn’t very potent, but I have hopes of hybridization with other proven THC powerhouses. This plant is the ultimate camouflage for would be growers.

6 Likes

you should produce more pure ABC seeds for preservation purposes… feminised if you don’t get a male… i would love this variety to work with!! (and grow stealth in my yard :grin:)

4 Likes

any luck with that? i’ll gladly trade cuts or seeds w/ ya

i found someone in oz who posted this picture last month and said its a clone only cutting he has atm… i reached out to him asking him to make feminised seeds and i’d gladly trade for them or a cutting… maybe if he’s receptive one of you ozzy blokes could receive a cutting from him and make the fem seeds for us? hopefully hear back from him soon

9 Likes

Germinated 2 seedlings this year. Have a few weeks before I’ll know if they’re feminized. Outdoor growing has it’s risks because I’m not always sure about any neighbors that might be growing nearby. The limited seeds harvested from the mother is a good sign though. Definitely plan to keep you posted. I plan to make a few clones, if the plants prove to be consistent with their mother. This year I will also happily be growing Indiana Bubblegum thanks to a clone received from a friend.

1 Like

Send him in my direction mate, I would gladly work with it if he is close enough to me.

4 Likes