Back at it, need light opinions

I love my spider farmer sf 4000 and so do my plants. I will never go back to hps. Spider farmer also has a 3yr warranty.

1 Like

Did you grab yours from them directly.?
My only concern about that Is it might not cover all of my 4x2 alone as well as the other 2 suggestions

That’s just a little too pricey for me. I’m gonna do a little more research on actual grows on the TSL and SP to make the final decision , after seeing some pics from @Foreigner I’m leaning TSL. Let’s see if I can find some actual grows from the SP

1 Like

Regarding Slates:

If you (or anyone) wants inexpensive 12" heatsink let me know via pm.

I just picked up this 3-foot piece for $40+shipping. I did have to wait for my longer piece, but he told me he has a lot of smaller pieces already in stock. I just drilled a pilot hole and used self-tapping screws. He in the LA area.

6 Likes

If you buy from spider farmer website its $20 cheaper than amazon. Very high quality light, I was pleasantly surprised

1 Like

Now you have me interested. I’ll message you when I get off

1 Like

The only issue i see with the spider farmer lights is that they coat the boards in a glue or resin. Its been said to lower the intensity of the light output. Thats why i passed.

1 Like

Yeah the spider farm one had my least interest . I’ve heard good things about their older lights tho.

Luckily I have at least a month or 2 before I need whatever light I choose. I just started germinating a mighty glue and a mango OG and they’re gonna veg under the HLG 65

2 Likes

It’s a water proof coating and has no effect what so ever. The numbers speaker for themselves. Good luck with whatever you decide

Its does effect light output. Anytime light has to pass through something. Whether be a lense or glue it is losing some intensity.

I have four of those hlg 65 lamps in a 3 x 3 tent split into 2 levels. They do the job well. My flower tent i am using a hlg 550 rspec knockoff light that uses top bin lm301h(best on the market) diodes that was built by an ebay seller out of the Carolinas. He has smaller fixtures as well thatvwould work great for your 2 x 4 and are under 300 dollars. And, he does not coat the boards with a coating. Which is a big plus in my opinion. I dont want a filter between my lights and plants. Just be careful when you water. Why would you need a water proof light anyways. Its not sitting on the floor. Lol. People been using hps and mh for years and we all know those are not water proof. Hit up jedi about those heat sinks and build your own on the cheap. There is also a thread on here about building your own lights. Pm me if you want the ebay sellers name. He honors his warranty and in a timely manner. Builds nice lights too. I really like my hlg 550 rspec knockoff i got from. Listed at jusy over 500 bucks. Hlg gets almost 900 for theirs. Good luck.

I think your missing the point lol…they dont remove the coating to test the par on the light. Lol
If you look at the light performance stats you might see what I’m talking about.

Look for yourself…

@Grohio…you do realize the 301h is the very same as 301b. There is absolutely no difference. The “h” just stands for horticulture as a market ploy. Whoever the salesman was must have saw you coming.
Those are also the same diodes on the hlg and spider farmer lol

1 Like

Yeah the whole waterproof thing is weird for me lol. I’ve never had an issue with my lights getting water. even while using a humidifier. I’ll definitely hit you up when I get home tho and crunch some numbers

2 Likes

No salesman. I did all my research. The h and b diodes are different. Ask any led guru on this forum. I think you are taking this convo a little too personally.

2 Likes

Yeah I hope to never get water and dont know why anyone would lol. I guess if you’re high enough anything is possible

1 Like

Plus i never knocked the b diodes. Even hlg uses the h diodes now.

1 Like

I’m not going to argue with you on somebody else’s post lol…just do research before making claims. Your wrong this time …sorry

The fact is i dont want a coating over my diodes. The spider farmer par reading would be higher without it. And, I dont trust par measurement from most of these knockoff manufacturers anyways. They are commonly misrepresented.

1 Like