Beacher - current grow and future

Definitely, if it flows into a bigger tray with lots of surface area, the runoff will evaporate by itself, faster for sure with a fan. Or channel it into another container you pick up and toss out.

4 Likes

Well i do have one small fan (non oscillating) under the scrog screen but apparently its not enough. I’m gonna try and get one of those hoses with the bulb pump on it and try that i think.

4 Likes

I was doing the same with the plants I was starting for friends outside grows this year. I wanted to keep them in solo cups and 1.5 liter pots for the bigger ones. I used some Roots organic nutes that someone gave me to try a couple of years back.

I just fed them until a small run off showed, and then waited until the leaves lightened up a little, a couple of weeks later, then fed again.

No disraspect to you Beacher or anyone else using this growing technique, but I don’t understand the constant feeding and run off practice. It seems such a waste. This was the first time I tried using liquid nutes, I was very pleased the way it worked. I even considered swapping from no till for a run to see how they do.

4 Likes

Lot of people are using coco or straight promix without amendments. Not enough food in the soil for the plants to survive without frequent feeds. General concensus is that concentrated nutes will build up in the soil if you don’t water enough to flush out some of what was there before. Though I’ve seen some people have success with low / no runoff, never really tried it myself.

I’ve had good results with a mildly amended soil and less frequent fertilizer too though. At some point the soil amendments run out unless it’s a huge pot.

5 Likes

I get a little runoff but only so I can be sure I’ve saturated the pot. Sometimes I get a little more or a little less.

I feed every time but I sort of wing it on the amount. I do it by feel and let the tips be my guide.

I used to go for a fair amount of runoff but I’ve stopped doing it.

I will flood to get some runoff once in awhile to check my pH especially if something looks off but that’s rare.

6 Likes

Yeah usually just after the stretch in flower, even in my 10 gal pots :frowning:

3 Likes

bugbee recommends 10% waste to leech excess minerals from the soil. If you are using materials that can’t build up in the soil though, it doesn’t matter.

3 Likes

Larger plates for your pots to expose more water surface, use black if possible to absorb light and heat the shallower water. Small oscillation fan to move the humid air out from under canopy. And then run over to Canadian Tire and get a wet dry vac for 60 bucks and no worries. Because of your previous Powder Mold problems, adding the evaporation humidity might cause a return.

3 Likes

hehehh naw his colony is dead. Long dead, and never coming back. Botrytis could start to grow at high humidity though. Only if you have been exposed to replicating pathogen.

4 Likes

Where you at? The dude want’s to know.

3 Likes

Buuuuring… buuuuurinngg… Thank you for calling Canadian beach resort, how can I help you? I’m calling to see if @beacher is stuck in a lounge chair on the sand, possibly playing the violin?

Still warm the blood coursing through your veins?

7 Likes

wtf did you put a camera in my house or something? im alive, plants are ok. i can confidently say the powdery mildew is gone now i just need to fix all my other shit lol

8 Likes

Glorious day!!! It’s good to see your alive and the PM is dead, so awesome that you are well.
I grew this while you were away at the spa getting your mud bath…

Gummy trails pics? I know some local kanuk big foots near you, they could help you fix your shit. Go outside and start yelling “BigFoot I Need you” 10 times. :sunglasses: fur shur someone will show up :rofl:

11 Likes

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

whats that monster? im sure its been long ago smoked by now haha

5 Likes

Purple Moby Dick, @vesti sent me the seeds after I lost at auction. I just smoked the last of the cola :rofl: good call. The lower buds are in jars curing, it’s really excellent. Smooth as silk and tastes good, I will always be grateful to be givin a chance to grow it.

It’s very good to see you, I hope you are well.

Preserving the past and present for the future… see you in the movie. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

more like purple donkey dick lol. love the video its about time i got famous :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I agree! You should be famous.

I hope you make it to the movie premiere, no worries it’s beach casual… butt, please don’t wear the banana hammock. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

i like a full tan…

3 Likes

well not much has been happening in my basement here. ive just been keeping some mothers and havent grown shit for months. i realized i have a…slight oversupply of weed so ive been trying to smoke my stash down for months lol

i threw out some nice outdoor plants (widow, cheese and gummy trails) and have some widow cheese and gummy trail clones vegging right now

i plan on forcing one male with silver thiosulphate (courtesy of sebring) and making a shitload of feminized seeds.

i hate growing in this shitty basement lol. its too low and kills my back, so going forward i just want to be able to run a few fem seeds at a time and not bother with cloning, mother selection etc. im sure ill find some interesting specimens in these crosses

13 Likes