Beacher - some past grows and future

It varies down there depending on season and amount of rainfall. In the winter when it’s more prevalent it hovers around 45-55 most of the time. In the summer when there’s less probably 65-75 average. I think it’s the colder temps of winter that encourage it, ambient is probably 65 and it’s usually about 70 in the growrooms.

3 Likes

Look for black mold hiding in your corners or anywhere moisture is.
When this shit dries it powders up and goes everywhere.

You got block walls or cement walls hit it once with a spritz of bleach water see what comes of it.
Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean its not there

6 Likes

Thanks. That’s the plan when I finally start sterilizing down there. I ripped out some old wood shelves and other things that could harbor mould but it could be hiding out lots of other places.

4 Likes

Load up a couple spray bottles: 3% hydrogen peroxide in one and vinegar in the other (do not mix together in same spray bottle).
I don’t think it matters which order you spray, it forms peracitic acid once combined on a surface. Pro Tip… Avoid metallic surfaces that can rust - like my tent frame :laughing:).

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Nice, definitely a preferable choice over bleach!

4 Likes

I harvested my last few outdoor plants about a week ago. They were a bit early, but showing slight signs of pm and i didn’t want to risk it getting worse. Mostly cloudy trichs with no amber…

Girl scout cookies looked like the smallest plant but yielded the most of them all. Lots of branches full of golf ball buds with some decent toppers, it smells like bubblegum

14 Likes

The orange goji twins got to finish out their lives together lol. These are the original twin seedlings, i should have put them in a bigger pot they were constantly dry and blowing over in the wind

6a the ‘dominant’ twin was quite a bit smaller than the other one. Smaller buds and less dense also.

6b was the ‘runt’ twin and it turned out much nicer than the sister. Bigger and chunkier with a nice variety of scents.

Thats it for now, i have officially have 0 plants its…kinda strange lol

16 Likes

Sad to see those twins go when you know them since childhood, hope they will give you a good smoke … Arriba|nullxnull

7 Likes

Happy harvest, looks like a nice haul.

Taking a break ?

3 Likes

Looks like some yummy tasty smokin is gonna be taking place for ya.Happy days to ya.

3 Likes

Ya taking a little hiatus here haha. It’s nice to have no plant duties but also kinda weird!

7 Likes

I didn’t know what to do with myself when I stopped for 3 or 4 week’s this summer, it does feel weird lol

5 Likes

It leaves a big hole in my life

5 Likes

Ya I agree it is almost like I’m missing something, but then I think about spending 3 hours hunched over spraying my plants yet again and I remember why I stopped lol

Maybe I should get a cactus or something to get that caretaker feeling back 🤷

5 Likes

I’ve been making some bubble hash lately I’ve got the hang of it pretty well now. To stir I use this contraption my buddy made that holds the drill on the bucket. The drill trigger is zip tied open and the cord runs into a dimmer switch. I spin for 20 mins with a paint mixer bit on the drill. I spin everything twice.

10 Likes

Heres some I made with bc bud depot girl scout cookies. The one plant just tasted and smelled like hay lol. I used around 4-6oz of bud and only got like 15 grams of hash…ouch

Today I did about 300 grams of outdoor close trim and small buds - blackberry breath, orange goji and a couple others. It yielded way more than the GSC, the second spin was quite green.

9 Likes

I also made a ghetto press. I’m sure you can figure out how this goes lol

It actually works pretty well after a few presses

10 Likes

Beacher have you tried a shorter stir making your hash? I’ve found a slow 5 min stir after it’s soaked for say 10 min then pour through your bags .
I use froze trim and reg ice cubes give the 10 min soak short slow stir to keep contamination and green from getting in . I’ll run the batch twice to three times depending on returns and quality .There is the exception of a forth wash but those are few and far between the normal 2 washes .

4 Likes

You tried to wash the green out? I am assuming you did. Some plants yield way better than others, I call those plants “keepers”.

3 Likes

That’s GSC looks great and I really like both your mixing contraption and your press.

All the best

3 Likes