Beacher - some past grows and future

It’s really just a matter of how much time I’m willing to put in I guess. I’m worried that no matter what I do it’ll just come back anyways so not sure how crazy I want to go

Ideally it would be something like a full cleaning/scrubbing top to bottom with a mild bleach solution, then a fogging with concrobium or something similar.

I’ve also thought about rigging a UVC sterilization bulb into a box with an inline fan and trying to run all the air in the room through it by moving around every day for a few days. Theoretically most air molecules should get through it and get zapped clean.

Going forward if I see it again I’ll need to start selecting mothers for resistance or running autos maybe.

6 Likes

It would be a good name for an all milf nirvana cover band too.

4 Likes

I think I’m also going to grow smaller plants in the future so I have a canopy that’s not a jungle. I love growing big plants but am going to switch to a more conservative size.

Also, I think my issues are AC and weather based leading to humidity swings.

In the fall it’s cool enough outside that my ac doesn’t kick on very much if at all. This ac is what circulates air and drops humidity.

I will probably start up again when it’s cold enough outside that my heat kicks on regularly.

All the best

4 Likes

Ya plant spacing and pretty heavy defoliation seemed to help quite a bit for me, but sadly not enough. Also at this point I’m not convinced high humidity is necessarily a factor, I think moreso humidity swings like you said and LOW temps.

Also the last round I just chopped I used the harvest miracle I won in a giveaway here and didn’t see a speck of pm the entire round. I can’t say 100% that it prevented the pm, it could have just been coincidence, but it sure seemed to help and definitely have a boost in yield and terps. I’ll keep using it in the future for sure.

4 Likes

How about bleach? Ever try that? I’m planning to harvest today and I might leave one of the more heavily affected buds on the plant and give it a mild bleach spray.

Worth a shot?

2 Likes

sulfur in veg twice, kiss mildew goodbye. Clean the entire area with hydrogen peroxide or bleach or any cleaning solution.

2 Likes

I mean hypothetically it should help I’d just be worried about toxicity.

@JoeCrowe I wish lol

2 Likes

Hey bud, nice harvest! It’s impressive to see you get these results while battling PM. Both strains sound like they will be awesome. I’m looking forward to the smoke reports once cured :+1:

What’s the logic here as far as PM? Smaller plants? Faster finish? Or autos are just resistant to PM?

2 Likes

Thanks! Yes the idea being they finish too quickly for PM to get too much of a stronghold. Also without mothers sitting around for long periods of time I can eliminate infection vectors by always having fresh plants.

That said I’ve still gotten pm on autos but they were in the veg room with other potentially infected photos so it’s easy to see why they got it.

2 Likes

so, you’re still battling powdery mildew or something??

2 Likes

FYI I harvested today. I rejected about 20% of the buds as having too much PM. The rest was fine.

I left 2 PM heavy colas on the plant. One I sprayed with a bleach solution and the other with an alcohol solution.

I will let you know how it goes.

Sorry for jacking the thread

All the best

7 Likes

I’ve given up and shut down for the time being. I’ve used sulfur pretty extensively as well as h2o2, potassium bicarbonate and a ton of mitigation techniques. My house is cursed with this shit haha

@Foreigner not bad it could have been worse. Keep us posted on your experiments!

3 Likes

so your last crop pictured on the 18th was infested with mildew as well when you cut it down?

2 Likes

Nope none in that round, hard to say why. Either the harvest miracle I was using, higher temps, or just good luck. I had already gotten rid of my mothers and shut everything else down before this round then magically the pm goes away lol

3 Likes

ok, but you know germ theory right? It only goes away once it’s all dead. If you sprout some seedlings it can’t come back unless there are parts of it around still capable of replicating… which there shouldn’t be if it didn’t come back on the plants you harvested. hrrm side note - magic isn’t real. You can definitely put your finger on cause and effect.

1 Like

It comes from my basement itself somewhere. If I could figure it out I would definitely eradicate it. Powdery mildew spores are in the air pretty much everywhere on earth to some extent, they just need the proper host to germinate and thrive.

4 Likes

But how do you feel about Santa Claus?

All the best

5 Likes

Scrog rocks .you got some nice grows beacher,enjoying reading your growing journey.

2 Likes

Thanks I had never tried scrog before, it really is the best. Unfortunately due to the pm I had to stop scrogging in case I needed to get the plants out to spray or whatever.

3 Likes

What was the RH at when you noticed the PM?
Was that different than previous grows?

Cheers
G

2 Likes