Beans for everyone (Part 2)

As @ShiskaberrySavior mentioned Ham is Ham and back bacon is a different cut of bacon.

Back bacon = best sammys.
Striped Bacon = good all round, renders amazing “pig butter” :wink:

11 Likes

Dammit, now I’m hungry, and it’s 4:39am :joy:🤦

3 Likes

I like country ham!

IMG_4638

And city ham!

IMG_4639

Wifey is from NC :wink: :joy::joy::joy:

13 Likes

real happy I hijacked this thread for bacon :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy_cat:

4 Likes

Smoking meat and smoking weed go hand :raised_hand: in hand :raised_hand:, just like eating :plate_with_cutlery::joy::joy::wink:

6 Likes

Damn , be safe

3 Likes

You make a very good point.

2 Likes

@THCeed I the BCBigBud×Kryptonite and the THCeeD has landed!!
Many thanks!

No picture attached, use your imagination :rofl:

7 Likes

Never, ever. We even have different bacon called Peameal bacon, it’s more like a ham. Maybe that is what you mean. But we never call that ham.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure you are right, peameal is definitely unique to Canada I’m almost positive, delicious too

1 Like

Oohhhhh peameal bacon… 10:20, dogs on me so I can’t move, still haven’t eaten… Even more hungry now :joy:

3 Likes

Canadian bacon looks like ham.

1 Like

Can we all just take a moment and

Praise the lard!!!

15 Likes

Our bacon looks like bacon, our other bacon looks like ham. :joy:

7 Likes

I just got back from the grocery store and the woman in line behind me legit tossed 10x peameal bacons on the counter!

I asked: Okay, how good is the sale and did you leave us any?

She replied: $2.99/lb, best I’ve ever seen! And yes… I think.

:rofl:

I’ll go back tomorrow to get 1 for the freezer but I need to make bubble hash tonight in order to have space in said freezer to freeze it! I make my ice outside as it is im such a meat and freeze sale whore! :rofl:

8 Likes

Oh man, don’t freeze it, buck it up and fry it with some eggs :grin::grin:.

That stuff never lasts long enough in our house to actually freeze :joy:

3 Likes

Also make sure to cook it right. I do mine for about an hour on medium low in a frying pan with the lid on in about an inch of water. After that you can drain the water and brown up the surface if you like, we usually don’t. We keep it more like a cottage roll consistency.

2 Likes

Exactly how I like it too :drooling_face:

I find that if you just fry it it is a little dry and tough usually.

1 Like

Oh man, while that sounds amazing, I wouldn’t have the patience :joy:.

Lil butter, cut up 1/8" slices and pan fry to lightly brown :heart::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

1 Like