Beginning grower needing some advice on equipment

what type did you get?

post a picture, I have had ones that would not start in some electronic ballasts

if I remember something with strike voltage

peace and enjoy the day

Dequilo

I went by what the end of the ballast stated. Here is everything.

1 Like

the bulb should work fine in that ballast

I would check the wires on the reflector where you screw the bulb in

I have them come unhooked and it is always the last place I check

all the best

Dequilo

1 Like

OK. I will take it down and check it. If I plug the ballast in without it being hooked up to anything, it blows the GFI. So, I figure it is pushing out the power. When I hook it up to the light, it does not blow the breaker. However, this problem did lead me to the discovery of the free seeds I found in the box of gloves. :smile:

1 Like

Checked the connections and then put my meter on it. The light is good. I think Amazon may have sent a bad bulb. Not sure what else it could be unless the ballast have some other issues.

Finally got to do some work in my grow room. Replanted 3 of the ladies from my outdoor grow into 3 gallon fabric pots.

Hopefully, I will have my light issues resolved in the next few days and I can bring some of the outdoor plants inside and start some new ones.

5 Likes

So, I was able to find 2 complete HIL systems, 400 and 600 watt, with bulbs for $50 each. The ipower ballast I got with my tent purchase was bad. I now have 2 grow tents up and running with extra bulbs and a lamp.

2 Likes

I only have one 32 x 32in tent right now…in the process of getting g a 5x5 and all the necessary equipment. Nice looking setup ron!!

2 Likes

Thanks Joboo. Check craigslist. In the tents, equipment and lights I got today. I only have $250 in everything. There is some good deals on used equipment.

1 Like

Both tents are now operational.

6 Likes

I moved 17 of my 21 plants from my outside grow to my tents. 21 plants on my deck, in a neighborhood, may not be my best choice with everyone working from home. Things are up and running. Thanks to all that helped.

2 Likes

12[![3](https://images.craigslis

Version 2 Quantum Board grow light. Complete with 500 W dimmable Meanwell driver. Samsung LM301B chips.

Used 24weeks - three runs - This is a 3k temp board.

Is this worth $200?

00o0o_5KkbDAVA6bm_0CI0iP_600x450 01313_eqJ7kuOvgRf_0CI0iP_600x450

1 Like

As long as it turns on and lights up I’d say yes. I waited about 5 weeks for one from China. Basically same thing, dimmable, meanwell driver Samsung but I picked 3500k. Paid $364. Blinding.

2 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Yeah I would say worth it.

2 Likes

Thanks. I am not sure about this stuff, so always worth getting the communities opinion.

1 Like

Yeah from everything I have seen with quantum boards they are great. And Meanwell drivers are right up with the best drivers. Plus the 500W output will be good to flower close to a 4’ by 4’ space with ample light.
Also, from memory you can overdrive the Meanwells too so that will probably draw about 540W at the wall.

1 Like

Picked up the led off of craigslist for $200

7 Likes

BOOOOYAAAAAAAAHHH!!! Full steam ahead now! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The 4 x 8 tent was running around 82 degrees constantly and would raise to the 90’s sometimes when things shut down. Started leaving the exhaust fan on but 80’s would stay for a while. The 600 watt HPS was not running through an air cooled hood. I also didn’t feel the tent was set up the most efficient way.

Before:

Removed the 600 watt HPS. Centered the LED light. Added a small cheap LED for a couple of the extra plants on the side. Moved the exhaust system to the back wall of the tent and vented it through the top instead of the side. This brought the temperature down to 77 degrees. The RH is 48% I will be adding another larger LED to the big tent.

Now

I moved the 600 watt to the 4 x 4 tent replacing the 400 watt and used the air cooled hood. This raised the temperature in there from 75 to 78 degrees. Moved the duct work from the side to the top also. Eventually I will replace the HPS with a LED.

5 Likes