Beginning grower needing some advice on equipment

Tray w diy pvc stand idea.

Vary leg length to angle for drainage. Gravity drain/hose not visible in pic.

Really nice looking setup. Also jealous of your space. Lol. You got this. If you do coco, I may be of some help there.

3 Likes

I like that. I have never used anything but soil. I have read about others using it here. I am all about learning and getting better. I appreciate you sharing the picture and offering some knowledge. I will absolutely take you up on it. Thanks again.

2 Likes

MidwestMover that is one thing I am wondering. How much different is the water usage indoors compared to out doors? What about other nutrients? I have been extremely lucky so far with my first grow ever that I am doing outdoors. I have basically stayed out of Mother Natures way and just watered when the pots were light and not much more. Experimenting. Love learning.

1 Like

BudSy that is the eventual plan. I have noticed someone with a digital light for sale, just out of my budget range right now, but does not mean I can not try to make it work out. Just have to be patient and lucky.

1 Like

I almost feel like I did hit a lottery. Thanks :smile:

1 Like

Dank-D I got extremely lucky and that I am grateful for. Fortunately, it worked for both parties. He is moving to an apartment, so he needed it gone.

2 Likes

I want to get something to get things started, then improve stuff from there. I am not expecting to do what some of the fine growers on here do, but with their help I think I can get pretty damn close eventually.

3 Likes

a very nice deal you got there :slight_smile:

you are on your way, all the best in your grows

OGers are a helpful bunch

a couple of plants in a hall closet back at the start of my inside growing

about 30 inch by 30 inch space 8 foot tall with a 400 watt HPS

if I can so can you

be safe and grow well

Dequilo

11 Likes

You always have encouraging words my friend. I figured I will keep some of my plants outside, and the rest inside to finish. I want to be like you when I grow up. :smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure itā€™s about the same, but outside you can just water and it goes back into the ground. Inside it goes on your floor and floods. I used 5 gallons buckets and dollar store oil pans. Had to empty every oil pan every watering. That was my hassle.

I made my own soil from Home Depot and made my own EWC. It worked well. I just always felt like I was guessing. Are they growing fast enough, do they need nutes. I was doing water only.

I just did some coco and I enjoyed that. I used masterblend nutrients. Cost me 30 for a lifetime supply it looks like. I try to get stuff pretty cheap. A 5kg brick was $12. Hydro crunch brand on amazon.

If I did it again Iā€™d do the coco inside. Smaller pots and some automated watering.

2 Likes

I mix up soil too. You are right about a guessing game. Things have worked out so far I guess, nothing has died so farā€¦lol. I will give the coco a try. I see lots of people on here using it. I am all about experimenting and having a reason to drop some seedsā€¦lol

1 Like

Haha. Ya that was my reasoning also. I also made a DWC unit and some other stuff.
Itā€™s not so much the growing but the tinkering and learning process I enjoy.

Look forward to your grow. Have a great day!

1 Like

it all depends on what your soil does

if you wanted it to feed your plants and be living that is one thing

if you want it to be just a media to hold your plants up that is another

all the best

Dequilo

1 Like

What is the best way to check an IPower 600 watt balast? I got a new bulb for the equipment I got, but the light does not come on. Is there something I am missing? Thanks

Seems like I may need a new ballast, light or who knows. Maybe the bulb was bad I got today. I reached in to get some gloves out of the box I got with the stuff I bought. I find seeds in the top. I am extremely lucky with this purchase.

3 Likes

The seller didnā€™t mention the seeds ? Wow , bonus .

Hahahaha, that is great. What a bonus.
When you purchased the globe how did you know what type to buy?

In my own version of trouble shooting so far, it seems it is the light itself or the bulb.

I do not think he even knew they were there.

1 Like

Honestly, I do not think the seller knew. He apparently got the stuff from his friend who grew a couple of harvests with it. He never used it is what he told me.

I went by the ballast rating. Could it be the wrong type of bulb?