Beginning grower trying outdoors

@Old-Ron curing leaves will be fine.

It could be a mix of over or under watering.

But i think its due to poor soil. Holding too much water.

Keep us updated will love to know how it turns out

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the help. It is great to have a knowledgeable community to help a new grower. As I learn, I will definitely pay it forward.

5 Likes

Thanks Upstate. I appreciate the good advice, especially about the clay pot. I have moved it to another container I got today. When I dropped the seeds I did not expect 21 plants to come up. I figured I would be lucky if maybe 2/3 made it. My climate is pretty humid in the summer. I have added blood meal to some of the plants. Doing a lot of experimenting this time before I try indoors. Your plants look really nice, I hope mine look as good and healthy when they get that size.

3 Likes

Thanks Solowolf for the advice. I am trying to learn all I can right now. I keep them outside all the time now. We had some heavy rains the past few days and I was more worried about the amount of water they would take on so quickly. Especially the few I have left in solo cups, I moved them under cover for the storms. Those are some nice looking plants you have. My wife says cute cat too. Is the cages around the plants to keep the cat out, or for another purpose?

3 Likes

Thanks 6u3m. I have moved it to a pot from the solo cup. I planted it in Fox Farm Ocean Forest and added some blood meal to it. I have been using the lift process to judge the water. However, it could be a water issue. I will definitely keep things updated on the plant.

4 Likes

June 20th. Replanted 6 more plants today. Made a mix of the MG Organic Performance and Fox Farm Ocean Forest, then added a small amount of Sta-Green blood meal for 5 of them. The last one I planted in our own compost mix and Fox Farm with some blood meal added. It was cooler in the morning, high 60’s, with a heavy thunderstorm in the afternoon. The sun came out later to increase the humidity as the temperature reached 80.

10 Likes

Here is a leaf from my Ripper’s Gold- Jack the Ripper (Subcool) x White Gold (Sensi/White Label)…I grew this outdoor last year…beautiful plant.I put it on the steering wheel of my truck to give an idea of size.

11 Likes

MrToast that is a beautiful leaf! I am sure that was a nice harvest. I figure I will learn all I can from the good people here, plus my own trials and errors, then share what I can. After I get this under my belt I am going to order some seeds and try indoors. Thanks for sharing the picture with me. I can only hope to get something close to that…although it may be hard to hide a plant like that…lol

4 Likes

Yup! Kitty paws are not good for seedlings. That’s Cheeky! Moms insists on letting the cats out during the day. Fortunately, we live in a very small town with a minimal amount of street traffic and they come in at night. That garden gets it’s share of feathers and lizard carcasses too.

3 Likes

That is nice you live in a small town where you can let them run. The are just trying to add some of their own compost to help the cause. :slightly_smiling_face: Fortunately our dog has no interest in the plants. I like the idea of the cages though. Make it look like a tomato plant from a distance for a while. We grow some vegetables and herbs every year for our use. Hopefully I can grow some smoke too and learn a thing or two to share.

2 Likes

Hey Ron
One of the most famous strains there is has twisted wrinkled leaves…DJ Short’s Blueberry…In fact, that’s how many people identify it as the genuine strain… So don’t be too concerned…Just look at the phenos in my stealth cannabis project… :slight_smile:image image image image image

10 Likes

Bruh Ron, the boredom is supreme. Nothing chain here except Family Dollar. :confused:The upside is the Sonora Desert is pretty lush here at about 1800ft

7 Likes

I love problems like that lol. They wanted you to grow them😁.

2 Likes

Looks like the terrain south of Tuscon. Lush for a desert. Full of unusual life.

4 Likes

Good stuff, I can’t believe how many twins you got it must be something in the genetics there. I’d say the twisting leaves are genetic as well if only one is doing it and they’re all getting the same treatment.

@Solowolf I make cages out of chicken wire exactly like that for my outdoor plants when they’re small, they work perfectly. Great minds think alike!

5 Likes

I hate the desert man! I used to live in northwest az and would grow in the hills around my town. Water was always a problem :sweat_smile: plenty of sun tho lol

3 Likes

cool usually

discolour leaf = nutrients

curved/clawed leaves = water/air/soil issues.

i hope it works out.

mine also had similar issues. so i just stopped watering for a week now. and it’s still fine.

The soil is just garden top soil from the literleral garden

so no nuits so all feeding is coming from the liquid

2 Likes

You better start preparing your camouflage now lol! I looked at that Hawaiian Haze. 10 -14 weeks. Parents are all tropical except for the mysterious sativa from Hawaii which they don’t list. The f-2 bag seed could go longer than 14 weeks, you never know. Depends on the dad and the original parents. I’m growing a 10 to 14 week strain myself right now.( At 42 north latitude in the mts. Wet climate). In July you can almost hear the plants grow at night. I’ve been keeping my plants in small containers to control their height later on. You may want to consider doing the same thing, and forgo that cloth pot for now. Basically, you’re trying to keep the plants alive and barely growing until they are through their flowering stretch, ( I am new to sativas myself, or I’d help you out more with specific times for this. I think four weeks of stretching should be about right for a 10 to 14 week plant) at which point you up pot to their finishing container size with flowering mix soil. I’m going to induce flowering within the next week or so with my plants. I’ll do this until they would naturally flower Outdoors at my latitude, (which by mid-august they should) , at which time I will either bring them indoors at night only when its cold from then until the Finish, or leave them Outdoors to finish naturally, depending on the weather.I’m bringing my flowering plants in and out every night, and they’re still in Solo cups. Takes me about 3 minutes. I think I can manage 1 gallon pots until mid-august, at which time they will go into 3 or 5 gallon. My apologies for giving so much information you didn’t ask for, but I see what you’ve gotten yourself into and I figured I’d try to help you out. Those plants will probably be very tall without some severe control.

5 Likes

Those are some nice looking plants MrToast. Unless I heard from others with the experience that it is a total lost with it, I planned on seeing it through. I was not sure if I needed to do something special for that one or not. A few years back we had a cat that looks similar to yours. She lived to be 17 years old and was still active. Mine grow is going to have to be somewhat stealth too. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I would trade all the city bull shit for that most days. Plus with all the shut downs and cancellations, it is pretty boring most places. When you are 57 with special needs kids, teenagers and a 5 year old, boring would be a welcome relief at times. :slightly_smiling_face: Talk about a challenge to grow…lol

4 Likes