Best PH Meter? soil/water

I’m trying to buy a pH meter for soil and for water… it will be my first meter so I figured I would ask around thanks

1 Like

Not sure if trolling but without flushing the water through soil you would have nothing to put the meter in to test it… anyway I use the Essentials PH pen, they don’t recalibrate by themselves and I’ve had mine years so midrange price but quality product IMHO.

2 Likes

I use a Nutradip 3 in 1 for my hydro operation… Its rock solid. Might be overkill for just soil. But, who knows, …You may get into hydro someday, and wish you had the extra’s? …

1 Like

I don’t know about best since I can’t afford lab grade equipment but I’ve been using the bluelab leap probe since it came out and I have liked it so far. With this one you can measure the rootzone pH and nutrient solution. I was previously using their older probes that were unable to measure directly and I had to send in one to be replaced before a year was up. Their customer service is top notch though. The probes should be replaced yearly and calibrated at least monthly and stored in the KCI solution to keep in good shape.

https://www.getbluelab.com/shop/By+Category/Replacement+Probes/Bluelab+Leap+pH+Probe-2.html

1 Like

Appreciate the link neogitus… Gonna get myself one. Thats the problem with ph probes, they always go bad prematurely, even if you store em properly. Blue Lab has great customer support. Ive dealt with that company in the past. They even sent me a brand new bluelab tri-meter before I sent the old one back! Now thats good biz right dare! :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

I have never checked PH or Soil my plants talk to me lol :sunglasses: I’m testing Blueberry Muffin .

2 Likes